alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Chainsaws and light support equipment > Chain Saws

What brand of saw do you use?

(1/11) > >>

Kirk Allen:
I currently have three primary saws. A Husky 359 that I cut small branches with, a 372XP for felling average size trees and bucking logs, and then my baby, the 385XP with a 28" bar.  I use the 385 mostly for felling and bucking on the big ones. 

mike p:
1964 homelight C5 24" bar
064 stihl               30" bar   need a fuel tank for it
260 pro stihl          20" bar  this one i use the most
craftsman              18" bar   this one hangs out at the mill for trimming

joasis:
My primary saw is my baby, a Stihl 440 magnum, 24 and 36 inch bars...I have never had to use the 36, and the power and reliability is awsome.

Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner":
I am with you Jay on the 044 mags.  I have two and run only 36" bars; I also have a 66 with a 36" bar and two o25s for small stuff and when there is a great deal of small limbing.

Of course, I have some collector saws; two, two man macs, an old Atlas meat saw along with a couple old macs.   I am not sure of their sizes.

Oh, I almost forgot/  I have about 35 felling, bucking and ripping misery whips hanging on the wall of the planer building.  They range in lengths from 4' to 8'

Kirk Allen:
Just for you Frank! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version