alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: freedom!  (Read 36321 times)

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Re: freedom!
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2017, 04:38:24 PM »
Oh, did I mention that if you post pictures on this forum.............YOU still own them and I have no legal right to them?  LOL 
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2017, 06:50:49 PM »
Yep!  The only pics he's got of me is my ugly mug in front of some monster locust trees down by the hogs back of the old homeplace.  He can have them.  I hope they get seared in his memory cause I'm kind of an ornery looking old big bastard.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2017, 05:52:29 AM »
I take credit for the picture fiasco....when Jeff decided to show me what an ass he is, as well as not knowing his field of expertise (master sawyer, no one know more), then I decided to no longer participate. I removed and deleted all my pictures, and they could not recover them. I posted a lot of stuff, and so those poor guys while whining about me "destroying" threads, etc., had to go around and delete my posts so the rest of the sheep would not see the empty holes.

Kirk, Frank, and I decided from day one that we would have no rules and the pictures you post are your property. Want to delete them? It isn't our place to make false claims of ownership.

I haven't been near the FF since then, but it already was being operated with an unbelievable amount of administration and petty rules...."to insure they could protect the vulnerable forum from predators", and what that really meant was what many of us oppose in real life....an overreaching authoritarian government.....everyone knows who is a true patriot that our Founding Fathers said it best...the least government is the best government.

That is why we don't burden members with dictatorial mods and chicken shit clowns that have a primary duty to please a few on the FF to get to participate. Unreal. Men being sheep.
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2017, 09:13:52 AM »
You guys are friggin' awesome and I really, really love it hear!  See that word friggin'?  It would have been changed to something liberal like "neat-o" I think by the program over at FF.  Because, you know, friggin' is a clean word used to represent a dirty word.  I'll go stand in the corner now.

1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2017, 12:39:43 PM »
Oh, almost forgot, we DO NOT demand your money in the form of a commission if you sell something that is listed on our forum.  Although I cant say for sure, I know that after I sold an LT40Super I listed on the FF, immediately after that he demanded a commission on all sales.   Greed!  That is all Jeff knows. 

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2017, 12:58:49 PM »
There were post there on FF some months back where a member's widow/wife was having another member sell the deceased man's mill stuff and there was this "crowing" about how they were doing this with a reduced commission.  Oh how honorable; a destitute, emotionally shattered widow who has recently lost her husband is not even being comp'ed the commission to zero.  Even if you give the man his right to do what he wants on his site, charging this woman any commission on the sales of her husband's, a former noted member, equipment show something and we know what that is.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing when no one is looking.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else will ever even know.

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2017, 07:08:42 PM »
I'm pretty sure that's the one where somehow that old widow was charmed into donating ALL of that money to the FF.  Those sonsabitches oughta be downright ashamed of themselves but I just know that they think they're on some kind of moral high ground.  Greed.  Money.  I just don't get it.  I'm 99.9% sure I wouldn't change much at all if I fell into a bunch of money.  I'd move to a freer state.  I'd be able to get a secluded cabin type house on water somewhere.  I'd drive vehicles in better shape and be able to pay to fix them.  I still wouldn't buy a new vehicle because it's just my principal.  Plenty of used ones in great shape for much less than new.  Driving off the showroom floor and losing a grand or more?  No thanks!  I'd buy me an older trawler style boat with a single diesel for economical cruising and do the Great Loop.  Hell, I might be able to have the better automated equipment so I could still get logs and mill them and be able to hire a good man to help me.  It would be the same ME, just living an easier life.  I certainly wouldn't be lying or changing my honor for greed.  I just couldn't sleep if I did.  I'm honest to a fault and that's what Jeff couldn't stand about me.  My honesty and the truth about him just don't jive for him and conning others on his forum.  Therefore he had to ban me because I was a threat.  If I'm a threat because of honesty then I know I'm doing the right thing.

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2017, 08:34:07 PM »
Sp let me get this straight....you say a widow was conned out of her money by pressing her to donate the proceeds of the sale of her late husband's equipment to donate it to the forum?

Now that is simply beyond dishonesty. Not only does the leach Jeff and a few others lie about what it costs to maintain a forum, and collect fees from sponsors and others when the money goes to his pocket....to take from a widow by dishonest means....well....I have heard it all.

I would ask how he sleeps at night, but we know if you have no morals, no scruples, and certainly no integrity, then sleep is all you need. What a scum bag.   
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2017, 09:52:48 PM »
Let me guess, it was after Tom passed?   

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2017, 06:16:48 AM »
I can't imagine what kind of a swamp creature would con anyone out of money in that way to support a lie. If coning members and sponsors out of cash isn't enough.....oh well. Jeff will face a great judge someday.....and probably try to lie his way out of that also.

The Contractor Talk Forum isn't subsidized...like this one, stands alone....and actually, is extremely profitable. There is nothing that needs to have money collected for unless you paid for a service to do the technical support, and I bet that isn't a few hundred dollars a year.
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2017, 10:36:07 AM »
Yes, after old Tom passed.  I think it was Andy White's widow.  I'm not completely sure.  I'm not allowed on the FF to do any research.

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2017, 03:59:15 PM »
I'll also have to say I don't know for a fact this is how it happened, but the end result is the same.  He accepted a grieving widow's donation of money from her dead husband's donation drive or sale of his sawmilling/forestry type equipment.  I don't know how much.  But the fact that he accepted even a single cent from a forum member's widow speaks volumes to me.  If it were me, I would have thanked her graciously but politely and firmly refused.  How can a man do that?  Makes me sick how people can be.

Offline A.O.

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2017, 12:39:08 PM »
New guy here, taking this all in.  :D I had actually registered over there a couple days ago, awaiting an "approval" email from them that I can join.. I guess I'll not bother.. thanks for saving me in advance! >:D

And Ox... where are those pictures you promised on the original post? I'd love to see them.

Offline HaroldCR - AKA Fla.-Deadheader

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2017, 03:20:16 PM »
 Have any of you guys that migrated over here since "TOM" passed away heard any rumors as how I screwed Tom and was blackballed ?  My handle was Fla.Deadheader. There was/is a place where you had to ASK to be allowed to participate. It was a carefully scrutinized membership.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2017, 05:24:31 PM »
How you screwed Tom?  You mean his claim that you basically stole his woodmizer and made a copy of it then sold it? LOL 

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2017, 05:44:25 PM »
It's more profound than that.  ::)

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2017, 06:31:18 PM »
Man, that's a story I'd love to hear.  I thought, in my mind, that Tom couldn't be a better person.  If he accused what you're saying he accused it certainly changes my opinion...

As to pictures I promised - I ain't dead yet and as such my promise still stands!  I have to be totally bored and willing to screw around with all the electronic gadgetry.  I'm not at that point right now is all!  I have plenty to do.  Plus all my stuff is wrapped up and mostly put away for the winter so pics wouldn't do any justice.  It'll have to be summer sometime.  Hopefully after my front porch build which I plan on doing in the spring as early as I can so I don't die in the summer heat and humidity.  Then in the dog days of summer I can putter around and pose the machinery and make nice pics for everyone.  Old and ugly is the way I roll... :laugh:

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2017, 07:33:30 PM »
Let me be clear. I don't and never did have a problem. We were traveling buddies, etc.  He may have slipped in a comment when he was seriously ill and went to visit his other buddy. I am not and will not say anything bad about Tom.

I'm just waiting to see if anything was ever said about me and him.

I got several Jeffy stories.  >:D

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2017, 08:25:55 PM »
I know when Buzz and I went to Florida and spent the day sawing with Tom, the story he told us was that Harold was provided an lt40 of Tom's so that he could build a mill based off of that design.  After built, you never returned the lt40 and sold it, even though it was not yours. 

Harold, we were told that on the trip down when we met with your son and had dinner at his place.   The same trip I replaced the pads on my front rotors in the parking lot of your storage shed.  LOL

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2017, 09:57:25 PM »
That is absolutely NOT true. If TOM told you that, it greatly diminishes my respect. I want verification of who said that. I will wait until after Xmas to tell my story.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2017, 10:54:41 PM »
I know it's not true but that is what I was told by Tom.  In fact, two separate trips the subject came up. 

• Old Timers Club
Re: freedom! MY RESPONSE
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2017, 08:46:36 AM »
This is going to be a long read, so, get yer beverages ready.  I am not going into a mud slinging pissing contest or badmouthing of Tom. This is my complete and honest version to what Kirk posted.

I have been shot at and missed but never thought I would be shit at and hit, especially behind my back.
I have been up since 2AM, USA time, trying to figure out why Tom would say something like that, behind my and my Son's back. My Son won't take this well. He really thought a lot of Tom. My wife here knew Tom, and when I read what Kirk had written, she just looked at me and could not speak. She adored Tom.

Tom is not able to defend his actions, so, I will not go there. I will just tell my side of the story and
y'all can believe what you want.

I started out on the Woodweb forum, looking for info on the river logging idea and that's where I was contacted
by Tom, to go over to the Forestry Forum. I believe I was #185 or so to register ?
I started to ask about portable sawmills, because we were being downgraded prices on our river logs.
I admit, we were not finding big logs and the buyer was helping us along by buying what we brought him. It just wasn't enough.
 So, I decided to build a bandmill. Nearly everyone on the FF thought I was crazy and were offering no encouragement.
Anyway, I pushed on and finally told my Son we were going to build an oversized WoodMizer, and I showed him the catalog they sent me.
Even he raised his eyebrows at me and said, OOooooooo K. We had a welding shop and sand scoop manufacturing business we started from scratch, so we had the means. I spent hours measuring parts on the brochure and scaling them to what we needed. Also got a little help on the FF, but not a lot. Slowly we started and after 4 months we were ready to start it up and see if we could keep the blade on.
Actually, I had upright bandsaw experience and knew about the tracking adjustments. All this time, Tom was saying he just couldn't see this coming together, but he offered encouragement. We finally had a stump and a log to try, and just could not get the blade to saw straight across
the stump and log. It seemed to run at a 30 degree angle, idle wheel side trailing. Tom offered to come down, a 3.5 hour trip house to house and see if he could help. So be it. He stayed over and went home the next day after I fixed breakfast. We kept working on the mill and had all the smartasses at the warehouse compound laughing and joking about the fiasco sawmill project. A month or so later we went back to logging.
We, a partner and I were not doing well, so, I made a rash decision and went up a tributary river and started finding better logs. Things were looking up, but, the buyer was now screwing us around on the scale and cut the price, pissing me off.
The partner was getting desperate to make a salary of some kind and soon left me holding the bag with a $35,000.00 2nd mortgage on our house.

My Son came up to the campsite and we went scouting, finding more logs, only, not big diameter logs. Buyer kept on shorting us, so, I said fine and never went back.
Now it was Son and me, and I struggled along while he built and shipped scoops and would come up on Sat and Sunday and we would pull a few logs.
This was all black water diving, you can't see your hands in the water.
Anyway, come October of that year, I read about the Moultrie Georgia Ag and Sawmill expo and got Tom to go up with us. He had been before. While there, my Son had drifted off and had talked to a blade vendor in a small tent. He got me to go talk to the guy, and he sent us a free blade 3 days later.
We were trying to saw some Yellow Pine lumber for the campsite owner and making a mess and breaking blades. With the new blade in hand, we went to the camp, 4 hours away.
We put the blade on, adjusted it up, and tried a log we had problems with. Damn blade just melted right through that log. We could not believe it.
 4 hours later we had a stack of 457 bd/ft of dock decking and the camp owner was amazed.

Onward and upward, we HAD a working mill and did not NEED Tom's WoodMizer. He and I made several road trips together and got along well, so I thought. One day, he offered us his old LT40 mill. It needed refurbing, and after seeing what we had accomplished, he said, I'd like you guys to take the WoodMizer and fix it up. It's not for sale, but maybe my Son could take it and build a custom sawing business. That way, IF he ever wanted it back, he knew where it would be. We didn't want to do this, but, we had become good friends, and appreciated his trust in us, so, we reluctantly agreed. At least, I told him, the mill would be refurbished.

After having the mill slightly taken apart, we sand blasted and primered and painted the main frame. Up/down and forward/reverse motors were not working,
part of the rear cover where sawdust accumulates were rotted away, main power belt was bad, both blade wheel belts were bad, engine had not been started in several years, etc.

Now, a year after we brought the mill home, and being crazy with working to pay bills, we were not all that far along with the WoodMizer, when we were hit with 3 back to back to back
hurricanes, partly tearing up the house roof shingles, no power for over 2 weeks, no work, our lumber buyers lumber yard torn up and the building they stored what we sold them, collapsed around them, then my wife passes away, unexpectedly, my best friend up north, his wife passed away, my buddy gold prospector down here falls and dies 17 days later, I about lost it. I started having flashbacks from 'Nam, what the hell would anybody expect ? I talked it over with my 3 grown son and daughters and said I was considering selling the house, they would get some money and I would go to CR and saw lumber.
 After that, I called Tom and explained why we didn't get his mill rebuilt and would get it back to his house within a week. He was disappointed, but, what can I say ?
We DID take it back up there and parked it under an open shed on the side of his storage barn. Every part of that mill was returned including the manuals and a big box of new and used parts,
except for the 2 manual log stops we had misplaced somehow. The last I talked with Tom, a guy named Rusty that Tom knew had the mill and was sawing in Georgia.
This all happened after I was sitting in CR waiting for my container to be delivered with the Peterson sawmill, clothes, tools, etc.

This is the first time I have heard this story.

Now, if this is the way to get treated by being upfront and truthful, I guess I need to become an old prick and be mean and nasty to everyone, right ?

Harold Matthews AKA Fla.Deadheader

"

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2017, 09:14:20 AM »
God, this sucks.

Harold, thanks for writing such a thorough and long story explaining your story, life, life experiences, etc. and I'm sorry to hear about your huge losses in rapid fire fashion.  Nobody worth living deserves all of that...

I'm at a loss as to what to say about the sawmill situation with Tom.  Why?  Why is all I can say.  :-\

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2017, 11:49:02 AM »
Only one thing came to mind when I had my multiple visits with Tom in Flordia.  Jealousy of others.  His health was not good and it was all he could do to walk when Buzz and I were sawing with him.  Cant explain his comments outside of speculation. 

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2017, 12:00:43 PM »
For those of you that knew Tom any chance he was in the early stages of AD or even just plain vanilla vascular dementia?  With his deteriorating health that can actually bring on the symptoms of Alzheimers much more quickly and acutely.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing when no one is looking.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else will ever even know.