alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: time differences/time zones?  (Read 7909 times)

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
time differences/time zones?
« on: October 04, 2017, 06:53:14 PM »
I'm pretty sure that when I just posted I saw the time was 11 something PM.  Is this the west coast time zone, or.........?  Just curious.  It don't really matter.  Just trying to be a little chatty which isn't really in my nature.  :D
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline John B

• Contributor
    • www.tractorpart.com
Re: time differences/time zones?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 07:26:02 PM »
I noticed the same thing. The time went screwy the last time the forum software was updated.

I Think the time is set to GMT. 

Folks on the east coast of the USA are -5 GMT, central -6, west coast -8, and 907 -9.

If i'm right, the time of this post will be about 1:26 AM.

The actual time is 8:26 PM

Offline John B

• Contributor
    • www.tractorpart.com
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 07:31:27 PM »
I was wrong. The time does not match any continent.

I'm sure Jay or Kirk can fix it.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 07:45:48 PM »
Huh, not seeing what the problem is.  Time seems fine?  US Central.   ................oh, wait, I did reset it LOL!  Didn't think it would reset every post to match up correctly though!

Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 08:43:00 PM »
You rascal! lol
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 09:21:02 PM »
Asking me to fix something? I can barely type and turn the machine off and on.
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 09:28:15 PM »
Turning on and off is about it for me too.  However, I took a typing class back in high school for that extra half a credit to get the hell out of there and it's stuck with me, so thankfully the hunt and peck days are long ago gone!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 09:46:19 PM by Ox »

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2017, 11:26:57 PM »
Now I am wondering about my time stamp.  I never pay that much attention to it
Integrity is not just doing the right thing.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing when no one is looking.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else will ever even know.

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2017, 11:28:25 PM »
Well nailed it within 1 second.  I guess that is close enough.  Must have the correct time zone loaded in my profile and it is working correctly.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing when no one is looking.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else will ever even know.

Offline drobertson

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2017, 08:28:05 AM »
Its still day time here right now, remaining day time until it becomes mostly night time this evening,,  :laugh:  I just had a George Carlin flash back,  sorry,, as to the typing thing, well thank you Ox, for reminding me of Mrs. Berry, 10th grade typing teacher, I got the 1/2 credit too,, and now you have those infamous words of hers stuck in my head,, you know them,   A, S D F,  J, K , L, ; (semi)  every day, over and over again, good times,

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2017, 10:29:18 AM »
lol  Our teacher was a male and he kind of liked to get a little too close to the girls now and again.  Fancied himself some kind of Don Juan with the gold necklace and slicked hair.  He was a pretty cool and decent guy actually, but just the girl thing kind of rattled me a bit. 

He didn't actually teach.  He would just say what page to do because we had books we would follow and reproduce on paper with the typewriters what was in the book.  It was a pretty easy class and almost seemed like playtime.  I'm surprised our little school could afford a room full of typewriters!  I graduated with around 30 others if I remember properly.  Little podunk little town and school.

Offline starmac

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2017, 02:52:56 PM »
I took typing my senior year, just for an easy hour.
By the numbers I only needed 1/2 a credit to graduate, but I had a required full credit in English. The little school I went to did not have any options, so had to take a full class load to get that 1 credit in English.
When we got to typing class they ran short on books, liked 2 iirc having enough for the class, I had already thumbed through mine, so gave it back, telling the teacher that someone who plans on actually doing any of this might as well have it. I never typed one single thing, in fact, the only thing I even have any recollections of in that class was the miniskirts, the preachers daughter wore. lol

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2017, 11:05:27 AM »
lol you rascal!