alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Pine Flooring  (Read 10950 times)

Offline JP Sinclair

• Major Contributor
Pine Flooring
« on: March 21, 2008, 08:11:01 AM »
Our first pine flooring job!!!!

^-^ ^-^ ^-^

Offline JP Sinclair

• Major Contributor
Re: Pine Flooring
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 08:11:45 AM »
Sorry about the crappy pic, it really does look nice...

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 09:21:17 AM »
Well done on the flooring, JP.  It looks as though you have a slight groove between the boards.  Is that some spalting I see in some of the boards?

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 10:00:18 AM »
JP, if you keep your picture size around 30K it will look much better. Looks like from the size of the file its a big picture but the size is only 7K so lots of quality is lost.  Make the pic about 450x450 and 30K or so and it should look great.

Is it a White Pine?  Looks like the board in the middle is darker, is it pine also?
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline JP Sinclair

• Major Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 08:33:36 AM »
Interestingly, while I was cutting the order (white pine), I had some older pine logs that had sat around for a while and got some blue stain.  They also had some beetle tracks that stained.  I really kind of got a kick out of the look and sent my customer a picture on email.  I advised him that I could fill the order with clear white pine or "blued" pine.  I thought to call it stained pine wasn't good marketing but blued sounded nice.  The guy's wife absolutely loved the look and wanted as much of it as I could put in the order.  We mixed a bunch of it into the floor and mixed the widths in each row, a real neat old school look.  The house was only 3 years old but the floor made it real antique looking.  The wife was thrilled and if momma's happy - everybody's happy!!!!!

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 08:39:33 AM »
if momma's happy - everybody's happy!!!!!

Amen, Amen, Amen  ;D :D :D
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!