alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Not a "precision" tool to be seen...  (Read 7646 times)

Offline Cutting Edge Saw Svc.

• Old Timers Club
    • Cutting Edge Saw Service, LLC
Not a "precision" tool to be seen...
« on: January 24, 2018, 04:28:44 PM »

Below is a link to a video FINALLY uploaded in English.

I see no point in elaborating my thoughts on it.  IMPRESSIVE is an understatement, on so many levels.

I envy the skill in which these workers show and the level of precision that is becoming rare with all our modern tools.

Much to be learned and many effective methods.  Enjoy !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNTfLGt59qo
Cutting Edge Saw Service, LLC -
 - Sharpening Services - Narrow Band and Woodworking
 - Portable/Custom Milling and Slabbing
 - On-Site Sawmill Maintenance/Repair
 - Phone: (304) 878-3343
 - cesawservice@gmail.com

Factory Direct Kasco WoodMaxx Blades

www.cesawservice.business.site

Offline jb griffin

• Contributor
Re: Not a "precision" tool to be seen...
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 06:13:59 PM »
Wow. Just wow. This is the best log cabin video I have seen yet. Covers much more detail than any else I've seen.
1.5 million bdft and counting sawn on a Baker Dominator
Lt40Hyd 33hp Kubota at home.

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 08:57:05 AM »
Very good video.  Thanks for putting it up so we can see it.  The level of craftsmanship in this log house is awesome and I learned a few new ways to do things to boot!  It's a good day.

When watching these types of videos I can't help but compare these men to males of other cultures.  The difference is staggering. 
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline drobertson

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 06:58:00 PM »
finally got to the end of this one, and I have to say, I'm going back to the beginning again..Lots of very good techniques in joinery being used, as well as basics for raising a structure. I could go on and on, how bout the insulation and the applications of how they used it?  From the ground up, nothing was forgotten.  Ventilation a critical function not neglected, as well as the settling of the structure. When they were putting in the window, it did look like about like 1-1/2" gap for settling, which is what some have said around here when using relatively green beams and logs.  It was probably one of the most enjoyable videos I've watched in regards to building  cabins, no nonsense,   thanks Richard,