alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: You asked, we delivered!  (Read 5834 times)

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
You asked, we delivered!
« on: January 04, 2018, 08:41:16 PM »
Here it is guys.  The Hobby Mills board where most of us probably fit into as it relates to sawing. 

My LT40hdg25 has cut over a million board feet over the years but to date I have yet to go full time.  Hobby milling is for me!
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline A.O.

• Senior Contributor
Re: You asked, we delivered!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 06:31:14 AM »
Thanks Kirk for the new area, hope it does ok, and I cant wait to get my mill and get going, then you wont be able to get rid of me! >:D

Offline drobertson

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 07:32:45 AM »
I think this is a good idea, all that's needed is to get some of the veteran, seasoned hobbyist to start sharing some of their techniques, regarding log decking, loading, turning, ect,,,,I'm looking forward to seeing some of the operations many of you folks have going.  I know for a fact, as it was with me, even having been around sawmills, having one staring at  you waiting for a chance to dig into a log, when the over whelming feeling sets in to (what now!) 

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 10:23:39 AM »
Good idea for this new board.  I hope it's not too expensive.  :angel:
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools