alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Sawmills and Sawing > Hobby Mills

used Timbery M100

(1/9) > >>

A.O.:
So I have plans this week to go look at a used Timbery M100. Its in running order and the guy has a stack of logs to cut so I'm going to go play for a couple hours. He also has a larger mill he said we could run too.
 I'm excited to go play sawmill, never even touched one before.
 I'm thinking I've narrowed things down to this used one or a new Woodland mills HM126.. depends what kind of deal I can get on this used one..

Used ones at my price point are pretty much non-existent!

Wish me luck!

Ox:
Good luck and you're doing the right thing.  Hands on is priceless experience.

You might just make a new friend and the price will come down.

starmac:
Hope it works out good for you. I do not know anything about the timbery mill, but any decent band mill properly set up will all cut fine lumber, some are just more refined and robust.
Some are also much easier on the sawyer, BUT they all are capable of turning out the same product, for the most part.

A.O.:

--- Quote from: starmac on January 06, 2018, 01:13:22 PM ---Hope it works out good for you. I do not know anything about the timbery mill, but any decent band mill properly set up will all cut fine lumber, some are just more refined and robust.
Some are also much easier on the sawyer, BUT they all are capable of turning out the same product, for the most part.

--- End quote ---

Again , I'm really leaning towards a Woodland mills HM126... But open to options if this turns out ok.

A.O.:
And maybe I'm overthinking this, or maybe not. One of the things on the Woodland mills mill I like is the way the  "carriage" is set up, the cross pieces the logs sit on are like 3 1/2" taller than the tracks that the saw rides on, allowing the use of forks to load or unload a log. The Timbery has almost no clearance there.. at least on their site pictures.. I'll check closely when I see it. Seems to me this would be a great feature, yes?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version