alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Well, I just joined  (Read 7772 times)

Offline kelLOGg

• New Contributor
Well, I just joined
« on: January 15, 2018, 05:25:57 AM »
I've been sawing for 15 years on my Cooks MP32. I have a small operation compared to most of the guys whose posts I read and I enjoy it. I saw mostly for others but logs find their way to me so I now can air dry and DH dry for my own projects as well as selling some lumber. I enjoy wood working and welding and have used both skills to modify my mill making it easier to handle logs. I recognize quite a few of the posters here from another forum so I already feel at home. Enough for now, I'm going to read some more.

Bob

Offline bandmiller2

• Senior Contributor
Re: Well, I just joined
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 05:54:49 AM »
Welcome Bob you'll like it here, you can speak freely, there are no sacred cows. Frank C.

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 09:46:40 AM »
Welcome, kellogg!  I recognize your handle from the other place.  This place is awesome and MUCH better than the other.  Like bandmiller2 said, there is nothing sacred here.  You're free to cuss and swear all you want but it stays clean here all on its own.  Imagine that.  Many of the members here were booted from the other place and it's just wonderful here.

And there are plenty of pics and topics to read on to keep you busy for a long time!

And there is complete honesty and transparency as to how much it costs!

And it's freedom!

Who could ask for anything more?  ^-^
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 11:42:27 AM »
Bob
Welcome to the club as Jay would put it.
This is a nice place and we will get out of it what we put into it.  Welcome aboard.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing when no one is looking.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else will ever even know.

Offline drobertson

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 05:01:11 PM »
Howdy Bob, I can hardly wait to hear some of your advice and opinions on the many choices of sawmills, from the hobby side to the more productive ones.  You will surely be an asset to a few folks that are now bout ready to make the leap.

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 11:37:21 PM »
Welcome to the exile club.  Always glad to have a new view point here!

But no LEAPING thank you.  I'm too old for that sort of thing!  Maybe a little hopping or a jump or two.
Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2018, 06:12:42 PM »
Welcome!
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.