alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: The coming assault on our rights  (Read 6260 times)

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
The coming assault on our rights
« on: February 25, 2018, 07:43:42 AM »
What is the assault against the 2nd Amendment really about?
We have the Bill of Rights, specifying what the government is not supposed to deprive us of. Our speech, right to privacy, right to worship if and how we please, and due process. And of course, the right to bear arms.
Now, we are under attack for being members of the NRA, or owning firearms the liberals think we should not have…and why is that?
Here is my opinion, and I have expressed this many times. It is less about “guns” then it is about finally getting the courts to rule against a right we have and hold in the Constitution….think about it: If a court rules we no longer can exercise our 2nd Amendment rights, then obviously, a court can rule that we cannot freely worship in a church of our choice, or that our right of free speech can be eliminated by a court.
Consider this…through court actions, not popular vote, has the definition of marriage changed. Not one state voted to allow the legalization of gay marriage, but through the courts, an attack was mounted on every state that outlawed the practice through popular vote, and thus, courts have taken away the choice of the people in the name of defining civil rights.  This position I take is not about gay marriage, because I really think the states and government have no reason to be in the marriage business, but it is about legislation from the bench.
If we lose the 2nd Amendment, the easiest target for the left because less then half of Americans actually own any firearms, then a court can then use the idea of an “antiquated” Constitution being outdated, and obviously, we should rely on the government to modify any part of the Constitution to suit the present day circumstances.  We have the abuses in the Patriot Act to reference if you think this is silly. Also, remember we just got rid of an Administration that held a public position that the Constitution and Bill or Rights were a set of “negatives”…saying what the government cannot do, when Obama wanted the government empowered to do more.
President trump saved the rights of America, at least for today, by the appointment of Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court. As a textualist, he believes in the rule of law, and the wording of the Constitution, not the twisting of the law to fit the liberal and progressive political tides.  It is imperative to protect our civil liberties, because with out all of them, we will soon have none of them….except what a progressive government deems we are entitled to.
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

Offline HaroldCR - AKA Fla.-Deadheader

• Old Timers Club
Re: The coming assault on our rights
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 09:21:09 AM »
Absolutely agree. Very well stated.

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 09:46:04 AM »
Good job on that essay.

I hate to think that the only way we can keep our rights is through violence but it seems it's the only language the liberals understand.  How do you work with turds like that?
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 10:55:21 AM »
Well said. My post in the other thread draws a parallel to when we allow the taking or giving up our one right then they come and take the next right.  The slope is very slippery and very steep.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing when no one is looking.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else will ever even know.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 02:02:30 PM »
Our education system has failed and we allowed it.  Our students have no clue what their civic process involves in most places and we no longer educate our young on our rights under the Constitution and Case Law.

Ask a kid under 35 what the Federalist Papers were and they have no clue.  If you want to know what generated our Constitution and Bill of Rights you need to understand our Federals Papers, which lays out the reasoning behind our rights.

Education is the key across the board.

Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline red oaks lumber

• Major Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2018, 03:28:07 PM »
very well expression of thoughts!
 last year my dad and i were having a conversation about how things are spiraling out of control in america. he's 80 yrs old and has seen huge changes in his lifetime so, when he said" i'm glad to be towards the end of my life than the begining". holy shit that speaks volumes.
  the vast majority of the population lives in cities and have only their small social group to interact with and share thoughts. after awhile they start believing everything they see and hear fact or fiction. example.... every person in a mental institution thinks their normal because everyone around them is the same way.
follow your heart, the rest will happen

Offline HaroldCR - AKA Fla.-Deadheader

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 07:38:28 AM »
Ban cell phones.  >:D >:D >:D   ;D Since this invention, things have gone downhill, because nearly everyone has had one grow onto their hand and just can't seem to be productive while constantly talking or CHECKING for that constantly awaited next contact to appear.

When the younger adults want to learn a trade ? from me, first thing I tell them is, leave the cell phone home. Amazingly, no one ever shows up.  ::) ::)

We have one so outdated and uses a prepaid card, solely for the wife or me to stay in touch while traveling, depending on who has it, for scheduling taxis or bus changes, which happens regularly here.

When riding the bus, and a cell phone goes off, half of the riders are digging frantically to see if it's their phone .