alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: I may be pondering a new mill geesh  (Read 18945 times)

Offline starmac

• Senior Contributor
Re: I may be pondering a new mill geesh
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2018, 01:01:27 PM »
Yes AO, I am a trucker and have a log truck, among others.
If the job EVER goes through, the log trucks will be barged to the site and have to stay until the contract is over, which should be 3 years, unless I wanted to have it barged back and forth myself, which would cost more than buying a new truck. lol

That really is not a big deal, as the logging season down there runs 8 months, where we are extremely lucky to get 5 months here.

Offline A.O.

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2018, 05:00:14 PM »
Yes AO, I am a trucker and have a log truck, among others.
If the job EVER goes through, the log trucks will be barged to the site and have to stay until the contract is over, which should be 3 years, unless I wanted to have it barged back and forth myself, which would cost more than buying a new truck. lol

That really is not a big deal, as the logging season down there runs 8 months, where we are extremely lucky to get 5 months here.

Very cool.. is this deal dead, or still a maybe?

Offline starmac

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2018, 05:21:27 PM »
It is still a maybe, but I have my doubts, and I really have my doubts for it to happen this year. To fulfill the contract you have to do 3 ship loads a year, which would be near impossible to do with a 2 month late start.

I just got back from talking to the contractor that one of my other trucks was suppose to work for all summer. I have been hearing through the grape vine that that job has changed too, and it has, My truck will not really be needed on that job, BUT he has a job for it over the other side of delta that is just as good, probably even better. I know I will like it more if I am running it myself. So at least the one truck will still be busy, and I generally just run what I am driving anyway, I quit hiring drivers several years ago, but had one lined up for this summer, which also worked out well as the contractor wants him to work too, so we both will have a good full summer it sounds like.
Atleast I should make enough so that I can afford to lose money running the log truck next winter. lol