alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

The wood shop > Projects and Plans

any idea's for veneer?

(1/2) > >>

ESCANABAJOSH:
hey everyone,  i work at a veneer plant and we have so much scrap pc's that go into a dump truck and dumped at the landfill. i was thinking about taking some home but i don't have any idea's that would be worth doing?  could cut em into strips and weave some baskets i guess ;) let me know if ya's got an idea.

Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner":
First of all, the weaving is a graet idea.  I do that with various speices myself, but iit is not really veneered wood.  I use wood that I saw on the table saw and run through the plane, down to about 3 /32nds of an inch or less.  I use them for wall hangings

Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner":
Another thing I have done, in years past, has been to take thin strips of wood and weave them into a shape and then attatch them to a solid surface of a diferent species or to a piece of plywood for a project.

joasis:
So how large are the scraps, typically?

ESCANABAJOSH:
the scraps are usualy small like the ends and stuff like that, and some have knots in em...most the guys use it to start fires or burn in the garage in the spring or fall. i just hate seeing all that wood wasted....we use a old 70's ford dump truck with plywood standing the longways for sides and that gets dumped about 3-4 times a week....sometimes more.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version