alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

The wood shop > Power Tools and techniques.

Looking for a planer, Grizzly ok?

(1/11) > >>

A.O.:
So I have a Delta 12 1/2" bench top planer that has done me well for years, but, now that I bought my little mill I need more.. I found two so far.

A Jet 16" open stand planer, the guy wants $850 but I've not been able to get him to respond.

Just today I located a Grizzly G1021, its older and "looks" ok. It has the cast iron in & out feed tables and a 3hp motor, and comes with a mobile base which I would need anyway. He is asking $450 and its about 3 hrs away... Whatcha think?

bandmiller2:
Grizzly stuff is OK I consider it advanced home owner, and the company is still active so good chance for parts. If its complete and runs well it seems like a fair deal. Frank C.

A.O.:
I ended up taking a pass on it, so I'm still looking... and that's all I am... an advanced homeowner! ;-)

Ox:
What's the opposite of advanced?  Suppressed?  That's what I am......a suppressed homeowner.

Edit:  I had to look up the opposite of advanced because suppressed just didn't seem right.  It came up as:

impede, hinder, stagnate

among others.  Boy, do those three words ring a bell!  :-X

furu:
Opposite of advanced?

Well if we are taking into account the terms used when talking ignition timing there is another term but it has become very politically incorrect.
Try being an engine mechanics and talking about ignition timing and stay out of PC trouble.
Ignition advanced, ignition retarded .  Boy is that a minefield anymore.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version