alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Way out of the "woods", but...  (Read 7010 times)

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
Way out of the "woods", but...
« on: April 16, 2008, 09:31:46 AM »
Just spoke with the father of one of my students a couple days ago.  Infact, I had all three of his students in my classroom.  Anyway, the oldest doughter had just won a coveted music award for 2008, called the LIllian and Paul Petri Foreign Music Study Award.  There were five other participants for the award.  She earned a $20,000 scholarship to study abroad in Vienna and study with soprano Elisabeth Promonti.  Sshe has been studying opera for seven years after college at Oberlin Conservatory of Music in Ohio.  She is numbe 30 to have won the award.  Anyway my buttons are popping this day. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Online Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Re: Way out of the "woods", but...
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 12:14:31 PM »
Its always good to see your students succeed!  You can only hope and pray they listen to what you say and God willing, some of it sticks.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!