alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: I'm back  (Read 12171 times)

Offline mike p

• Senior Contributor
  • adicted to the aroma of oak
I'm back
« on: September 23, 2018, 12:50:57 PM »
well our
 computer melted down years ago and we never replaced it I finally upgraded to a smartphone and I'm able to contribute again been through a lot of health issues since I was here last and I'm still walking on my own feet just slower than before
Eagle's Nest Tree farm & Sawmill
BSA Scoutmaster Retired
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from
 too much government.
   Thomas Jefferson 1802
 No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
Re: I'm back
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 01:15:29 PM »
It has been a while since you were last on here.  2012 or so.
Welcome back.
Glad you can keep going despite what your health has thrown at you.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing when no one is looking.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else will ever even know.

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 08:57:49 AM »
6 years between posts?  Gotta be some kind of record...

The walking part is what I keep telling myself if things start getting a bit rough around here with health or other stuff.  Things could be so much worse - I could be stuck in a wheelchair or totally paralyzed or something.  Paralyzed from the neck down would be one of my worst nightmares.  Ugh... can you imagine?  Those poor people.  Only one way that can be better and that's if they've been that way since birth so they don't really and truly know what they're missing.

Keep yer chin up.

You must have 6 years worth of stories to tell, right?  Been kinda slow round here...feel like sharing?  Course, you said you was on a phone so I don't blame ya one bit if ya don't want to type much out.

I wonder if they make a full size keyboard that plugs into a phone like that for easier typing when at home or whatever...   You heard it here first, folks!  I'm gonna be rich!  I'll be sure to donate heavily to this forum since it takes multiple thousands of dollars per year to fight off the evil Chinese hackers and for data plans and all the time invested by the administrators to keep all the derelicts "in line".  :-X
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 10:20:41 AM »

I wonder if they make a full size keyboard that plugs into a phone like that for easier typing when at home or whatever...   You heard it here first, folks!  I'm gonna be rich!  I'll be sure to donate heavily to this forum since it takes multiple thousands of dollars per year to fight off the evil Chinese hackers and for data plans and all the time invested by the administrators to keep all the derelicts "in line".  :-X

Actually you maybe a bit late on this idea. 
I don't know about phones but there is a roll-up flexible  full size keyboard for tablets that I have seen so I would guess they are available for phones as the interface seems to be the same. 
Sorry you won't be rich this time.  Keep up the hard work maybe next time.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 05:41:19 PM »
Welcome back long lost friend! 
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline Crusarius

• Causing trouble and breaking shit
  • Senior Contributor
  • Hmm what does this button d....
    • RockModified
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 08:26:37 AM »
I have a mini fold up bluetooth keyboard that does exactly like you described. your a little late to the party :) but here is a participation award....

______
 |          |
(|          |)
 |          |
  \        /
   `----'
   _|_|_

Sorry, couldn't help it. I know how we all hate the participation crap...

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 08:58:17 AM »
Well, crap.  Looks like I'm a day late and a dollar short.  Story of my life.
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline Crusarius

• Causing trouble and breaking shit
  • Senior Contributor
  • Hmm what does this button d....
    • RockModified
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2018, 11:25:03 AM »
thats ok. we still love you :)

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2018, 09:21:58 AM »
 >:D  Better think that over good and hard, bud.  I'm almost universally despised because of my blatant and blunt truth telling, even by my own family. 

It's amazing to me just how much people are fake and how much they're afraid to admit or even face the truth.  I still don't understand how anyone can live a lie, even lying to themselves, and be okay with it.  How does one lie to oneself?  Isn't that kind of like hooking up a septic line to your own well?

My own family gets pissy and angry when presented with their own truths.  It's bizarre.  Then they're mad at me for presenting them with their truth and they don't like it.   ::)

I've also stopped letting myself be used by other people.  This has raised some hairs on the user crowd around here.

According to all this, and from local opinion, I'm an asshole.   :P

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2018, 11:10:31 AM »
>:D 

According to all this, and from local opinion, I'm an asshole.   :P

A title that sometimes (not always) but sometimes should be worn proudly.  Only you can tell when  that "sometimes" is.

Offline Cutting Edge Saw Svc.

• Old Timers Club
    • Cutting Edge Saw Service, LLC
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2018, 03:39:49 AM »

How does one lie to oneself? Isn't that kind of like hooking up a septic line to your own well?

Yep, I'm gonna have to use that one !!   ;D   That sentence will dumb it down real quick for some folks.

A title that sometimes (not always) but sometimes should be worn proudly.  Only you can tell when  that "sometimes" is.

X2 - And in this day and age, that "sometimes" is more often than not. 

And to mike p - Welcome back.  Hope your health continues to improve.
Cutting Edge Saw Service, LLC -
 - Sharpening Services - Narrow Band and Woodworking
 - Portable/Custom Milling and Slabbing
 - On-Site Sawmill Maintenance/Repair
 - Phone: (304) 878-3343
 - cesawservice@gmail.com

Factory Direct Kasco WoodMaxx Blades

www.cesawservice.business.site

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2018, 09:16:04 AM »
You guys are great.  I love this forum.  An outcast can feel welcome here.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2018, 12:16:32 PM »
Most of us are outcasts!  LOL 

Offline Kojba

• Major Contributor
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2018, 07:06:10 AM »
My latest project, workshop and mill house, may also double as a "grumpy old men" clubhouse.  My right hand man, and carpenter in charge, has proposed turning the building into a "church house" of sort.  After cutting the rafters to make the 12/12 roof, we decided the building would probably look more like a church than a work shop... and that's where the mania began.  We are going to hang a sign over the front door that reads, "Society of the Old Ass, Bad Mamma Jammas". 

I have several "Asshole" friends, all fitting into the old school, despicable, grumpy, tired of the bullshit, worn out, broke up, under appreciated, gun toting, second amendment loving, ultra conservative, blasphemed, unable to cave in to the snowflake children, crowd.   We need a place to gather, shoot off a few rounds, bitch/moan/complain, drink an adult beverage, mill/shape/destroy a few logs, and generally raise all the hell an elderly bastard can handle.  We will certainly elect a "Grand Wood Wizard" (leader of the mob and keeper of the faith), "Vice Grand Wizard" (in case Grand Wood Wizard turns liberal), a "Sergeant at arms" (we do tend to get a little rowdy), and of course a "Keeper of the Holy Fluids" (the guy who makes the local shine, a really fine gentleman).  We won't be handling serpents, or preaching forgiveness,  but we may be drinking some poisonous liquids, from time to time.  ;D 

I'm not sure if we can get a IRS tax exemption, but we do intend to try.... (just kidding, we don't want to end up on the FBI hit list)...   I will post the pictures as soon as it is complete, but we are having some trouble finding the stripper pole, and juke box.  A wooden stripper pole was considered, but it may require a "Grand Medical Wizard", and even with "Obama Care", we can't cover the cost.   All the wood and roofing metal have been secured and paid for, although we do need some start up money for the unwed mothers who would like to attend.  Providing charity and guidance to the local community is clearly stated in our "Covenant of Faith".

If interested in coming to one of our social gatherings, a back ground check may be in order.  If you voted for Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders or any other liberal shit bag, you probably wouldn't enjoy the Sunday Service.  Just giving a fair warning... we are a grumpy bunch of disgruntled old bastards, and intend to enjoy every damn minute of it! 

Pictures will be coming soon...hopefully before Christmas.   
Keep Ole Joe Boy Alive
or
Kiss Ole Joe Boy's Ass

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2018, 08:32:40 AM »
Kojba - that must be one of the greatest posts of all time!  I'm honored and filled with pride to have been able to read it! 

"I have several "Asshole" friends, all fitting into the old school, despicable, grumpy, tired of the bullshit, worn out, broke up, under appreciated, gun toting, second amendment loving, ultra conservative, blasphemed, unable to cave in to the snowflake children, crowd.   We need a place to gather, shoot off a few rounds, bitch/moan/complain, drink an adult beverage, mill/shape/destroy a few logs, and generally raise all the hell an elderly bastard can handle.  We will certainly elect a "Grand Wood Wizard" (leader of the mob and keeper of the faith), "Vice Grand Wizard" (in case Grand Wood Wizard turns liberal), a "Sergeant at arms" (we do tend to get a little rowdy), and of course a "Keeper of the Holy Fluids" (the guy who makes the local shine, a really fine gentleman).  We won't be handling serpents, or preaching forgiveness,  but we may be drinking some poisonous liquids, from time to time."

- This paragraph especially rang true and made me grin and I think I might have even puffed my chest up just a tad.  It's a shame we're all so spread out across the countryside so much...

Offline Kojba

• Major Contributor
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2018, 08:16:37 PM »
Ox, I know what you mean about being spread out, what a shame.  However, there is a bunch of bad, old, "Mamma Jammas" left alive, and I'm certain you are one of the finest.  I am being honest about forming our own "Bad Old Mamma Jamma Society", complete with shirts, hats, and other items of interest.  When available, I'll send you a shirt or hat with our logo, we just haven't gotten that far yet.
  Maybe "Sawmill and Timber" can auction a few shirts as a "fundraiser".. ;D ;D ;D    I know it costs a bundle to keep this show on the air, and auctioning off a survival pack complete with hat, shirt, and two jars of "Apple Pie" could either get admin. arrested, or make the forum rich as hell!  The way I see it, if you're not having fun, you're not living .  Annnd,,, if you're not living, you might as well shoot yourself, and give-a-way all you hold dear.  When someone makes you laugh or smile, you're happy for a few minutes, but when you can laugh and make others feel good, you can be happy for a lifetime.

Keep Ole Joe Boy Alive
or
Kiss Ole Joe Boy's Ass

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2018, 07:36:31 AM »
Kojba, if you want to auction something, GO FOR IT, but all proceeds go to the one running the auction, which wont be us. We don't want the proceeds nor do we need the proceeds. If you want to run a thread for the auction just let me know and I will dedicate one for that purpose but it will be under the control of whoever is hosting the auction. 

Online joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2018, 08:24:10 AM »
We don't need a dime to run this pop stand.

Now, if there was interest in tee-shirts, or hats, I have a supplier who does all of my company shirts, and I would get them set up to sell DIRECT to members wanting branded swag. At cost.

Then, we maintain our position as being self supporting and those who want to advertise for the forum for free will have a vehicle to do it..

How is that?
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2018, 08:37:11 AM »
This is the best place, run by the best dudes, visited by the best dudes.  I get a smile almost every day I'm on here.

Offline Kojba

• Major Contributor
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2018, 10:14:19 PM »
I was just joking about the fundraiser.  I know the Admin. is more concerned with honesty and exchange of knowledge, than they are with making a buck.  It's why I like this forum.   ;)  But then again, it might be fun to have some "Sawmill and Timber" hats, etc., made up.  Who knows if you might meet a fellow "forum asshole" at a social event, and feel the need to say hello.  You know what they say, "you can pick your friends, you can pick your asshole, but you can't pick your friends asshole".   I'd feel like hell if I went to a sawmill show and said hello to the wrong asshole.  Even worse, if I picked the wrong asshole.  A good hat might keep us all from picking the wrong asshole at the wrong time.  Sorry for the rant, I wasn't trying to be an asshole.
Keep Ole Joe Boy Alive
or
Kiss Ole Joe Boy's Ass

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2018, 08:14:12 AM »
 ;D  Great stuff!  lol

Offline mike p

• Senior Contributor
  • adicted to the aroma of oak
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2018, 10:57:55 AM »
I approve of the hats idea be good to have the mess in the back solid cloth all the way around is always too hot. my vote is for camo or Hunter Orange
Eagle's Nest Tree farm & Sawmill
BSA Scoutmaster Retired
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from
 too much government.
   Thomas Jefferson 1802
 No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.

Thomas Jefferson