alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Business and markets > For Sale

Woodmizer LT 40 HDG35

<< < (2/3) > >>

Ox:
Good attitude and a funny quote, for sure.

I can relate, and I do understand, about your health troubles.  It sucks.

furu:
If you down size you will be looking at a non hydraulic mill which will be harder on you. 
As long as your mill is paid for why not keep it (unless you need the money from it) as then you have one that while more than you may need at least will make it easier on your back?

Kojba:
I just can't justify leaving 20k to rust under the shed.  A small mill hopefully can be had for 4-5 k, and if I can get some occasional help, along with my tractor/loader, I can at least smell some sawdust once in a while.   :-[  It looks like I'll have to have a surgery on my neck in a couple of months, and I'm not sure if I will be able to even upkeep my farm afterwards.  Owning a farm, trying to make a buck is hard enough on a healthy man. For a cripple, it's practically torture.
 If someone else can put the mill to work and make a buck, so much the better, and I'll need the money difference to keep bills paid while I'm not working.  If I make a good recovery and get back on my feet again, then who knows?  LT 40 super???  I might survive the surgery, and end up getting killed by my wife!   :o  But what a way to go!!

mike p:
my mil is a kasco saw2B I bought new in 2004  electric up& down ,electric feed ,manual load & turn .it is wonderful but torcher  on my back . I have been in the middle of sawing logs before & my back give out and might be for 5 days before  able to get back to the mill which is not good on the lumbar or log. I had back surgery this summer and knee surgery last monday and previous heart episodes my mill sat for quite some time course I can't wait to get back to it.and  will again, if it would've been a hydraulic mill i would have enjoyed it lot more. manuel mill is definitely a young man's game.

kbeitz:
I'm allays wondering why sawing lumber is so hard on sawyers backs.
I have a bandsaw mill and I can cut up to 30ft long logs. I don't do any lifting. None... I don't use can't hooks. Everything is done by machine. Most of my machines are home made. I hope to be sawing when I'm 90. Tractors and winches do most of my work. Maybe is slow but it"s easy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version