alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Business and markets > Wanted

Hand.cutting.keyways

(1/3) > >>

HaroldCR - AKA Fla.-Deadheader:
Need.2.different.sizes.in.a.steel.single.3".long.X.1".ID.coupler
Ideas?

Ox:
Without access to a machine shop the only thing I can come up with is the edge of a bastard file.  It'll take a long time but the price is right.

joasis:
If you have a lathe, you can drag cut them. The lathe chuck holds the part and lock the spindle, and then crank the carriage back and forth with a sized took in a boring bar holder.

HaroldCR - AKA Fla.-Deadheader:
I believe the piece of steel is too hard to cut the keyway. A file just barely makes a mark.  ::)

It wasn't all that hard to turn in my home built lathe. I have thought about milling a spot on the side and then drilling across to make a groove in the shafts to act as a key with a capscrew. Poor old drill press chuck is nearly ruined by using a milling cutter in it for other projects.

Rigged up an external keyboard that mostly works, so, I might try to do a photo upload of the bastard swingblade mill conversion.

bandmiller2:
You could use whats called a Dutchman if the pieces are flush drill a hole half in the shaft drive in a round pin. Also an angle grinder and cut 0ff wheel and a shitload of patience. I have done it with a good file. Frank C.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version