alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

The wood shop > Power Tools and techniques.

JET TRADE!!

(1/5) > >>

A.O.:
So I've been wanting a shaper and been cruising craigslist for a month or two. Just needed a smaller one, got some raised panel cabinet doors to make, some tongue and groove to do and possibly a front door, among other projects.

Anyway.. While looking, I find a new add of a guy looking to sell or trade a JET JWS-22CS  shaper, after some negotiations I traded him my JET JWBS 12" bandsaw. Even up! I'm thinking his machine was worth more but mine was in better shape. He was wanting a bandsaw, and I was wanting a shaper.. I am pleased.
Now I need to go through the shaper and track down some missing parts, a guard, a couple knobs, and the collets to use router bits. No bits came with it so I need to get some of those too so I can try this little guy out.

Any words of wisdom concerning a shaper? I've used a router table for years so I'm guessing its about the same. I do see shapers run forward or backwards (spindle rotation) Not sure as to why..

So here's the trade

This

For this..

Had a bunch of other stuff he gave me with it, trying to figure out what it is ( I think stone countertop toolage) and if it has any value.

joasis:
I don't have a shaper any longer, but what was noticeable was the larger cutters turn slower so less burning. Mine had a power feed head....great accessory.

A.O.:

--- Quote from: joasis on March 08, 2019, 03:50:53 PM ---I don't have a shaper any longer, but what was noticeable was the larger cutters turn slower so less burning. Mine had a power feed head....great accessory.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, a small 1/8 hp power feeder is about $375-$400. I'm keeping an eye out for a used one..

Crusarius:
pickup a treadmill from the side of the road. has the feed belt and the variable speed motor. ppl seem to throw those things away ll the time.

Ox:
A wheelchair motor and variable speed control board would be less than $75 if you're handy enough to build a mount for it and figure out a way to mount a sticky wheel to it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version