alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Chainsaws and light support equipment > Chain Saws

Replacement bars and chains

(1/2) > >>

A.O.:
So now that I'm in maintenance mode, I'm needing to replace at least one bar. the 18 incher on my MS260 has a chip right on the groove.

So you guys that do this for a living, do you insist on OEM, or are the aftermarket set ups ok? And if so, whats your choice?

And do you have any thoughts on bar length with that MS260? I have the 18 and also a 20, but if I need the 20 I go to my MS362 which has a 20 and a 25 . I was even half tempted to drop to 16", but I'm thinking that may be too short.

( And I go to the Stihl guide bar and saw chain selector and they don't even show an MS260!! )

And I cut maybe 10 to20 trees max in a whole year, just to feed my sawmill, wood stove, and smoker..

Cutting Edge Saw Svc.:
A.O.,

Just an option - they have 18" and 20" too.  Even with shipping, darn good value.

https://www.huztl.net/Holzfforma%C2%AE-16Inch-Guide-Bar-Saw-Chain-Combo-325-063-62DL-For-Stihl-Chainsaw-MS170-MS180-MS181-MS190-MS191T-MS192T-MS200-MS200T-MS210-MS211-MS230-MS250-017-018-020-021-023-025-p509328.html

I've been running (3) of these on a (2) Huskys and (1) top handle Stihl.  Huskys have the more run time and so far, I'm pleasantly surprised.  Bars are holding up FAR better than I ever imagined and the chain ain't to bad neither.

Chose these since I've been using them mostly cutting brush and didn't want to trash a "quality" bar-n-chain... Well, seems these are close to to the top of my list now and Yes, I will purchase again.

Maybe I got lucky and got good ones.  Being from China, the next ones might not be so good ??  Either way, I'm not complaining.

A.O.:

--- Quote from: Cutting Edge Saw Svc. on April 12, 2019, 11:27:32 AM ---A.O.,

Just an option - they have 18" and 20" too.  Even with shipping, darn good value.

https://www.huztl.net/Holzfforma%C2%AE-16Inch-Guide-Bar-Saw-Chain-Combo-325-063-62DL-For-Stihl-Chainsaw-MS170-MS180-MS181-MS190-MS191T-MS192T-MS200-MS200T-MS210-MS211-MS230-MS250-017-018-020-021-023-025-p509328.html

I've been running (3) of these on a (2) Huskys and (1) top handle Stihl.  Huskys have the more run time and so far, I'm pleasantly surprised.  Bars are holding up FAR better than I ever imagined and the chain ain't to bad neither.

Chose these since I've been using them mostly cutting brush and didn't want to trash a "quality" bar-n-chain... Well, seems these are close to to the top of my list now and Yes, I will purchase again.

Maybe I got lucky and got good ones.  Being from China, the next ones might not be so good ??  Either way, I'm not complaining.

--- End quote ---

Nice, the one you posted does not show being for a MS260, and I did a search over there and they have NONE for a MS260! Or I'd have already ordered! Dang

EDIT TO ADD: I just searched Still MS260 and found them, when I searched Stihl MS260 Bar and chain it came up with "not found"!  am I ordering from china or are they a distributer here, don't want to wait 2 months to get them... And thanks!

EDIT TO ADD TO EDIT: Started to order and I see its an E packet delivery from china 8-20 days... I found those estimates are normally off .. OH, and $18.43 shipping..

furu:

--- Quote from: Cutting Edge Saw Svc. on April 12, 2019, 11:27:32 AM ---A.O.,

--- End quote ---

If I read the link correctly it is a "325" .063" 16inch  62 Drive Links 3005-000-4713  Guide Bar +.325" .063" 16inch 62 Drive Links Saw Chain"

I don't know many folks running .063 on that size saw out in this area.  Everyone is running .050.  Europe is different I know, maybe back east is as well.  Just watch pitch and all and make sure you match your sprocket. 

Having said all that anything as potentially lethal as a chain saw I would not be putting a chain and bar worth $8.58 on with my life and limb behind it.  Just saying.  Safety gear is not expensive as are good chains and bars.  ONE VISIT to an emergency room is several thousands.

I had a nephew 15 years ago get his arms and face severely disfigured by an errant chain that failed.  They just are not that expensive to know what you are buying.  Oregon makes good bars and chain as well.  I use Stihl for a reason.

Cutting Edge Saw Svc.:

--- Quote from: A.O. on April 12, 2019, 12:12:46 PM ---
EDIT TO ADD TO EDIT: Started to order and I see its an E packet delivery from china 8-20 days... I found those estimates are normally off .. OH, and $18.43 shipping..

--- End quote ---

My got here in 14 days I think.  Yes, coming from China.  Looks like shipping rates went up significantly since I ordered (Dec.)  :(

--- Quote from: furu on April 12, 2019, 12:59:34 PM ---If I read the link correctly it is a "325" .063" 16inch  62 Drive Links 3005-000-4713  Guide Bar +.325" .063" 16inch 62 Drive Links Saw Chain"

Yes, that is one thing to pay attention to.  There are other gauge options if just buying the bar and chain.  Not as many gauge options for Stihl, but several options for Husky.

Having said all that anything as potentially lethal as a chain saw I would not be putting a chain and bar worth $8.58 on with my life and limb behind it.  Just saying.  Safety gear is not expensive as are good chains and bars.  ONE VISIT to an emergency room is several thousands.

I've experienced MINIMAL chain stretch (maybe should have added that detail in prior post).  If I had reservations about the safety of the chain, I'da scrapped it long ago.  I agree with you to a point, BUT  When cutting brush, bars/chains get abused, brutally. 

Didn't see the need to trash a $65 (shipped) Oregon bar & chain, when a $31 (shipped) was sufficient.  Figured price was a reflection of the quality... not the case in my specific goods recieved.

Nope, ER visits AREN'T cheap.  Proper safety gear is inexpensive in comparison... and I wear it. 

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version