alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Easier way to post pics??  (Read 15123 times)

Offline A.O.

• Senior Contributor
Easier way to post pics??
« on: September 12, 2019, 03:02:43 PM »
I like posting pics, but since photobucket screwed everybody over and I deleted my account I cant figure out how to do it. I know Furu posted a step by step process but it looks like a three day process. Several other forums just have a "insert picture" Icon that just takes you to a "browse" box. I see we have that "insert picture" icon but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Please.. I miss posting pics...

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
Re: Easier way to post pics??
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 12:31:53 PM »
I know Furu posted a step by step process but it looks like a three day process.

Please.. I miss posting pics...

First time it may seem slow but after that it is about a minute or less once you get the method down.

The only slow part is the downsizing of the picture file size.  Kirk increased the file size several months ago so it is larger now than it was at the time I did the mini tutorial.  Putting it in your gallery is really, really easy and allows you to use the photo over if you want or need to.  Some cameras/phones have a setting to establish the picture size when you take it and that can be set in advance and then you don't have to downsize the file at all.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing when no one is looking.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else will ever even know.

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 12:41:10 PM »
Just went and did a little research  the new picture file size limit  is 146.48kB. 
Still smaller than most phones take as a standard size but quite doable.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing when no one is looking.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else will ever even know.

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 07:28:55 AM »
And here I went and spent an hour fiddling around to get all my new pics down to 70 kb and under.....

sigh

I couldn't get the program downloaded that you use, furu.  It just wouldn't work.  I had it on my other 'puter, but that was a few years ago.  And it kept trying to download other crap alongside it, like a virus scanner and some kind of new web browser.  It was cancerous.  I ended up using some free to use program on the web for sizing pics one at a time using a percentage.  It was trial and error and took quite a while.  Now I gotta go back through and resize them all again so yall can see something.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline A.O.

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2019, 07:40:27 AM »
Got to be another easier way... I'll just wait to post pics I guess.

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 01:03:16 PM »
I have not posted pics in a while....but, I had great luck using https://xat-com-image-optimizer.software.informer.com/ worked well for me.

Most pictures can be cropped a lot, and compressed, without losing the clarity of the picture. Try it.
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2019, 01:37:28 PM »
joasis - thanks for that link, I was able to get it downloaded.

Please forgive my ignorance, but exactly how do I get a picture down to the 148 kb size limit for this forum?  I tried the resize feature and put in 148 for height and width but pic was so small it was ludicrous.

I hate being ignorant but ignorance isn't exactly a choice......at least until we are learned better....
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline Crusarius

• Causing trouble and breaking shit
  • Senior Contributor
  • Hmm what does this button d....
    • RockModified
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2019, 02:03:37 PM »
I tried uploading a pic earlier and still get a notice saying its limited to 40k. The smallest I could make my file is 133k.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2019, 03:33:05 PM »
pic size updated to 250kb
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2019, 05:09:42 AM »
If you use xat, you have to play with it to get to know how it works. I have always used the free version, and the compression feature, the symbol with the "fist" will get the file size down a lot. Cropping doesn't do that much, except clean up what we want the picture to show. I start with cropping and then compress, sometimes to 30% of original values, and when you save the optimized image, you will find it is full size to view and still good quality.
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2019, 09:17:23 AM »
Thanks for the explanation - I'll see what I can do shortly.