alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: new computer finaly  (Read 4546 times)

Offline mike p

• Senior Contributor
  • adicted to the aroma of oak
new computer finaly
« on: November 27, 2019, 10:24:10 PM »
most of yall know i was off the air for several years after our computer melted, i got to log on at library a few times but thats a 30 mile drive round trip, and they only let you on for an hour  then your put in back of line so my step son hooked us up with a new Rasberry pi computer its about 1 1/2" tall x 4" x 3" runs on motorcycle 12v battery, with trickle charger 110v. has Linux operating system. less than $100 for the 1 1/2" tower, useing old flat screen tv for monitor. wireless mouse & wireless keyboard . But i still type with 2 fingers, i tryed useing more but they get in the way of seeing were the letters on the buttons are. i think its acts more like a old mac than microsoft. i need to get him back to show me about pic loading to it from phone & camera, but hes bussy driving a straight box delivery truck for amazon.there running mandatory overrtime now.
i been having trouble with my phone so i been of here for a while but now im learning this new to me Linux system
Eagle's Nest Tree farm & Sawmill
BSA Scoutmaster Retired
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from
 too much government.
   Thomas Jefferson 1802
 No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
Re: new computer finaly
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 02:39:24 AM »
Glad to see that you are back up and running.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing when no one is looking.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else will ever even know.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Re: new computer finaly
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 12:06:33 AM »
Welcome home!
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!