alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: A loss to Oklahoma and to the entire country  (Read 4890 times)

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
A loss to Oklahoma and to the entire country
« on: March 28, 2020, 11:23:53 AM »
Just saw the news where Senator/Doctor Tom Coburn has passed from his battle with cancer. 

It seems just like yesterday that his voice of reason on fiscal responsibility was strong and clear.  Hard to believe he retired in 2015 to fight the cancer.

It is a great loss to the state of Oklahoma and the country at large to have lost this man with such a principled voice. 
He may not have been right in everything but what a great man.

RIP sir.

Steve
Integrity is not just doing the right thing.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing when no one is looking.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else will ever even know.

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
Re: A loss to Oklahoma and to the entire country
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 01:02:54 PM »
I net him in 2013 in DC. Representing the Oklahoma State Home Builders, and stopped by his office. Very short, no small talk, and definitely conservative. I can't imagine what he would have thought of the latest boondoggle from our government.
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Re: A loss to Oklahoma and to the entire country
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 07:27:36 PM »
A huge loss! 
I was fortunate to be part of a transparency luncheon last summer and spoke with the Senator about the work we are doing here in Illinois.  He was the leader in transparancy in Washington. 

Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!