alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: RE-Introduction  (Read 4543 times)

Offline Aunt B

• Contributor
RE-Introduction
« on: June 07, 2021, 04:11:20 PM »
Hey Y'all!

First, those of you who might still be around and remember back several years ago will know me as Sawmill Squaw. ...I just changed my name to Aunt B.

When I first came in I knew NO-THING about sawmills. My husband had purchased a Timberking and had suddenly put me in charge of sharp/set. You fine gentlemen taught me how to do that! ...and I am >still< grateful! I've been surprised at how many times my husband has deferred to me in conversations with friends, asking me to give them an idea of the sharpening/setting topic. Please know I always give credit to y'all, here in this forum, for my education. (give yourselves pats on the back, here!)

So, Willie got out of the sawmill biz. Traded his rig for a 1-ton...which he promptly turned into a flatbed.  ::) Now, he's wanting to build a porch on the house and we all know where the price of lumber is, these days.  :o Therefore, he's now looking at another sawmill. And I find myself back here to enjoy fine fellowship and to prepare for any coming questions we might have. 

I hope everyone has been fat and sassy in the past few years. Our family has grown, therefore, our house isn't quite as full as it was. 7 kids in the house is now 2 sons and 2 grandsons in the house. We now have 10 Grandchildren! I am the only bi-pedal female under this roof...which can get rough sometimes. Sometimes for me...sometimes for them.  ;) We've had some really hard times...and really good times. Most of all....God has answered some HUGE prayers to keep our family whole. I'm older, wiser and my faith is at a place I didn't even know existed! It's all good, now, though.

I look forward to learning more, reconnecting with old friends, making new ones, too. Thank you for still being here!  :angel:

There is no try. There is do and do not.

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
Re: RE-Introduction
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 08:58:00 AM »
What a great story and thanks for sharing it!  I don't think I helped at all previously but will if I can this time round.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 05:55:13 AM »
Welcome back sawmill squaw......to be again!  LOL
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2021, 01:41:19 AM »
Welcome back.  What mill are you looking at getting this time?  Another TK?
Integrity is not just doing the right thing.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing when no one is looking.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else will ever even know.