alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: The Supreme Court gets one right for a change.  (Read 8706 times)

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
The Supreme Court gets one right for a change.
« on: June 27, 2008, 07:53:24 AM »
It was so refreshing to see that our Supreme Court, or at least 5 of them, can read english and understand the TRUE meaning of the second ammendment for the peoples right to bear arms. 

This is going to be a landmark case that finally will put to rest the question of our right to bear arms.  Now we have to keep up the fight on what will be the new twists of the lawmakers right to regulate how, when, or where we can use our guns. 

Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
Re: The Supreme Court gets one right for a change.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 08:22:35 AM »
Only, if any new appontments do not change the delicate balance we now have.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 08:38:22 AM »
One thing that I dont recall as happening in the past is a new supreme court overturning a past supreme court ruling.  They tend to simply not hear the case if it gets to them. 

Kind of like Abortion.  The liberals insisted that if a new supreme court is put in by conservatives then it would get overturned.  Just doesnt seem to happen. 

I found the news twist of this even rather interesting.  over 10 million abortions in the US last year (seems way high) and 38,000 deaths by shootings.  The Dems are in an uproar over 38,000 gun related deaths but not a word about millions of unborn babies being slaughtered. 

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 10:04:54 AM »
In the argument against the Second Amendment many focus on mention of the Militia (i.e. the National Guard) requirement. 
The Oregon State Constitution mentions two militias, The Organized Militia, and the UNorganized Militia.  Within the age limits specified, all men are (required to be) part of one or the other. 

I asked a US Senator once in an open meeting about a Constitutional requirement!  He told me (us) that if I wanted to argue Constitutional matters  go and talk with so-and-so (don't remember who), that we were so far from the Constitution it was a mote point. 

Our leaders accept we aren't following the law of the land and do nothing about it.  Read the gold and silver requirement and explain to me how a state can require tax payments?

Section. 10. No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

Rosevelt got rid of gold and Nixon got rid of silver. 
Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 12:22:40 PM »
Must be something about people in leadership roles.  The rules dont apply to them. 

They accept it because to many normal folks have given up on the system. 

Locally we have a major uprising going on and the next election is going to overturn every crook politician in the area.  We are taking our community back! 

Now if we can figure out how to organize the same support on a national level we might just get something done!

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 01:26:57 PM »
I only hope and pray the constructionists carry forward now, and stop legislating from the bench. It would be nice to see "in God and Country" mean just that again.
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 01:37:35 PM »
One day the internet crooks will be held accountable just like the poloticians.  >:(