alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Need a little help! Cubit to feet and inches....hard/soft maple, cherry, beech?  (Read 8321 times)

Offline adk patroller

• Contributor
    • Hostetter's Wood 4-$ale
It has rained here every daybut three for 40 days....I kid you not!  I think I have the cubit to feet conversion down, but I can;t find any reference to hard or soft woods in the plans. ???

Would any of you be willing to trade a tanker or two of rain for some guidance in wood selection for the ARK II? ;D
+

Hostetter's Wood 4-$ale

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
Do not use Oregon Oak, you may not float too well. ;D

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Osage Orange would be my selection.  It will never rot out from under you!

I feel your pain.  We got another 1 1/2" today.   :(
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
I sure wish we could get some rain.  Fire danger is high and I can't get to the canyon for some cleanup and all.  Four weeks without mesureable rain around here. :'(
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 09:13:28 PM by Frank Pender »

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
Well into week six with no measurable precipitation.  We are about at a level three around here for fire danger.  Level three means almost everything is shut down in the woods. It reached 98 degrees around here today.  I worked right through it all, as the kiln had to be recycled with lumber and getting set to run a couple thousand lineal feet of 1 x 4 flooring.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Rain again here today and muggy as all get out. 

Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline adk patroller

• Contributor
    • Hostetter's Wood 4-$ale
Two weeks ago we had 4 straigh days of sun! ;D

The brother-in-law showed back up from drought plagued Virginny to work in the woods, and it has rained 5 of the last 8 days! ??? The weather is always rainy or cold when he is around! ;)
+

Hostetter's Wood 4-$ale