alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Timber harvester 30HT25 won't go forward  (Read 37450 times)

Offline Bigtimberharvester

• New Contributor
Re: Timber harvester 30HT25 won't go forward
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2015, 01:21:19 PM »
New to the site and to owning a mill. I have the same mill and same issue. Symptoms are even the same. I have no manual for the mill. Since it is on loan I hoped to not dump money into it and hoped to get by without a manual. Any ideas on how to fix the issue?

Offline mountainlake

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2015, 03:01:50 PM »

I run a TK B20, the only time it wouldn't go forward is when the key fell out of the drive motor or some debris got caught  in the way of the head.  I'd start by unhooking the drive motor and see if it turns by its self , if it does check the head for any obstructions  or maybe bad rollers on the head.  The relieve valve is set rather low on the drive system so when you hit something it doesn't wreck stuff. Could also be a weak relieve valve.  Steve

Offline Bigtimberharvester

• New Contributor
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2015, 03:15:01 PM »
I can manually push the head forward and it returns under its own power just fine so I know the tracks are clear. I just replaced the hydro. filter as it was original and no change. I have located the directional valve and unhooked the electrical connection and got no response as opposed to the jerking I get when its plugged in. The assumption is the lines are clear as it returns under its on power. The electrical from the operators station to the directional valve seems fine as flipping the switch seems to put pressure to the lines as they move like they are pressurized. Maybe the directional valve is not closing all the way and there is limited pressure? No idea how to test this theory.

Offline mountainlake

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2015, 03:35:13 PM »

My TK has no electrical on the head drive system just a flow control valve, the less electrical on mills the better.   Maybe unhook the line at the motor that drives  the head forward and see how much pressure it has and then  unhook it  and with a catch bucket see how much volumes is coming through.  Steve