alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Wood Drying and Processing > Kilns

What Kind of Kiln would you build ?

(1/7) > >>

milling man:
I have been looking into building a kiln for sometime know and need some input. What type do you have or what type is the most fool proof if there is one?

Kirk Allen:
Nyle Dehumidification systems are pretty much Bubba Proof.  That is the unit I have and hope to have it running by November. (said that last year  :D)

Solar is cheaper but takes longer and from what everyone who has a kiln as shared with me, once its up and running the drying business seems to take off more so than the milling. 

When I am done with mine I will be able to do loads from 500 BF up to 4000 bf at a time. 

Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner":
I converted a 24' refer trailer to a kiln and can run as much as 1,500 feet through the unit.  Hardwoods runas 30 day cycle, while Douglas Fir runs on as 7 to 8 day cycle.

mike p:
check out birkeys page . this is my dream kiln
http://www.timbergreenforestry.com/Solar%20Cycle%20Kilns.html

Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner":
Mike, as friend of mine built one, out here on the Left Coast and it takes quite some time to get a charge dried.  I found that he has some very nice lumber, but time is moneyfor me and my method has really been a boon to my operation.   In fact, I am at least 7 months out in getting everyone of my customers lumber dried.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version