alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Student  (Read 9064 times)

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
Student
« on: September 25, 2008, 06:09:45 AM »
Welcome a board, Harry.  Nice to have one of my past students hanging around a group of sadust lovers.  Now, all I have to do is be able to relate your business to what we all are doing around  here. ???

Listen, if you want to advertise some of your wares let us know. ;D

Offline HarryVanderpool

• Contributor
Re: Student
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 11:17:43 AM »
HEY! I like sawdust too!
Or as my step father once put it, "I guess I know what a board is for!"

As the story goes, he was a couple of years from retirement having worked his entire life in the timber industry.
Willammette Industries hired a pencil-neck that took all of the guys in one day and handed them a test to assess what they knew.
Amos picked up the pencil, went to the last page where you signed your name, and wrote:
I guess I know what a board is for

Then he signed his name and they never bothered him again.

;)
Brag all you want, but never forget to thank those who took the time to teach that little snot-nose that became you!

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 11:47:41 AM »
Harry, you still have that great dry humor.  Thanks. :D

Oh, and you knew what the one hanging on the wall in my classroom was for, as well.

Offline HarryVanderpool

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 07:23:34 PM »
Oh, and you knew what the one hanging on the wall in my classroom was for, as well.

:o  :o  :o

You wood  remind me of that!  :'(   :'(   :'(

Harry
Brag all you want, but never forget to thank those who took the time to teach that little snot-nose that became you!