alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Husky 365 problems  (Read 8073 times)

Offline Steve G.

• Senior Contributor
    • Way of the Master
Husky 365 problems
« on: October 01, 2008, 08:41:56 AM »
Hey guys,

When we use our Husky 365, it runs hard for 10min and cuts wood fine...then it kind of starts popping. It will continue to idle...but
when we give it any throttle after that, it sparks behind the muffler and dies.
It does this every time we cut hard for 10 minutes. Does this have anything to do with a bad muffler? Does anyone have any idea what it might be?

Thanks,

Steve
Do you think your a good person - find out!
http://www.wayofthemaster.com/

Online Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Re: Husky 365 problems
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 09:20:13 AM »
I would pull the muffler and see if the sparks are coming from the cylinder or the muffler.  If its from the cylinder its bad news.  If its from the muffler it may just be a worn out muffler that is falling apart on the inside but it wont be sparks you see it will be burnt embers of metal. 

Baileys has rebuild kits for both Stihl and Husky and its super easy to rebuild them. 
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline mike p

• Senior Contributor
  • adicted to the aroma of oak
Re: Husky 365 problems
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 07:38:46 AM »
my old homelight had carbon blocking part of the ex ports witch causedsparks from muffler & no top end
Eagle's Nest Tree farm & Sawmill
BSA Scoutmaster Retired
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from
 too much government.
   Thomas Jefferson 1802
 No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.

Thomas Jefferson