alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: How is your Fall workload looking  (Read 7404 times)

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
How is your Fall workload looking
« on: October 12, 2008, 09:27:14 PM »
My workload does not seem to have deminshed at all, for the coming season,  I am still six months out on getting everyone caught up,  Sawing has multimplied some.  I have the ten loads of forty foot Douglas Fir in the yard, to get stated on, when the owners of the new winery decide what and how they want the logs sawed,  I will probably have to put some lights on the mill and work a bit later into the evening,

How about others. Does you workload for the Fall and Winter months look full as well.  If you do not mind sharing, please let us know.

Offline Mr Mom

• Major Contributor
Re: How is your Fall workload looking
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 07:07:55 AM »
The work has stopped.
Need bands sharpen.
Need to cut logs.
Need a way to move the logs and a bunch of other things on top of that.
Dont know witch way to go.
Thanks Alot Mr Mom

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 09:45:17 AM »
Custom cutting has slowed but the specialty market is still strong. 

I have enough to keep me busy just widdling on my inventory that I could probably cut all day, every day through the winter and into the spring. 

As a small business, or even a big business, you always will have those slow to pay folks and some who never pay but the key to moving forward is always doing the right thing, even when no one is watching! 
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 10:13:22 PM by Kirk Allen »
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 08:21:33 AM »
I know what you mean, Kirk.  I cannot even get to my own logs tos aw them for lumber.  I just had a jerk call here at 5:30 this morning trying to sell me some Walnut logs.  He does not even know the diffeence between English and Black Walnut.  MOst of his teeth are rotten and that tells me he is a meth user, and he climbs trees?

I did buy a Western White Pine tree from him, prior to meeting him.  Hes delivered it in two loads on a two axel trailer that had seen better days, along with the Old Chevy half ton pickup that had a breathor two left to get up the steep drive,out of the mill yeard. 

I found out that he travels around to wherever the work is located and lives in a twenty foot travel trailer.  Man do I run into some of the most "interesting" folks. trying to sell me logs.