alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Safety > Safety Is #1

Re: Safety WEAR YOUR CHAPS

(1/5) > >>

mike p:
reminds me of the time i was 16 or 17 out in the woods 120 miles from home camping & cutting fire wood by myself with a 40 lb homelight C5 & the chain cought my jeans
well there i was holding the saw with my jeans all bound up in the sprocket . luckly i was wearing a old pair so they ripped off me instead of pulling the bar into my leg
some how i only got a scratch & then went to shaking over the thought of what might have happened.
& no one even new i was there. as i planned to go to town to call mom to tell her i was gone for the week end
i didnt even have a nother pair of pants had to drive home in my underware

Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner":
One good scratch on the left knee alongside the knee cap, where the fatty tissue rests.  The worst part was when the nurse in the doctors office cut a brand new pair of Levis to get to my knee.  She did not want to take the time to even remove my boots to slip the jeans off, first.   Eight stitches later I walk out the door and to my truck. Bad day for my Levis.

DaveK:
I bought chaps last year and wasn't wearing them every time I fired up a saw, but a close call and now I do.  I have a 440 with 32" bar and was cutting saw logs to length after the December storm and was getting tired and lost my concentration for just a second.  In that one second when the chain was coming to a stop, I swung the bar in front of my left thigh and just barely cleared my pants.  It was a stupid lapse in concentration and I realized what was happening as I did it and was able to swing the bar just clear of my thigh.  It was definitely an "oh ####" moment.  Fortunately for me, I didn't get cut and I learned a valuable lesson.  If I don't have my safety gear or I'm tired and not focused on the job, I don't cut.  I want all my body parts to grow old with me :laugh:

joasis:
Every time I read this stuff, I keep thinking I better get a set of chaps. Being a cheapskate would not be worth the emergency room trip.

mike p:
i got a pair of the pants with chaps built in ther ok but the protection needed to come higher up i think
also unless you plan to cut a lot its a pain to go in house & put em on
you know when your just going to cut a little & could slide the chaps on compared to chainging your complete pants

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version