alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Trouble with band mill blades  (Read 20075 times)

Offline danweb

• Contributor
Trouble with band mill blades
« on: December 03, 2008, 02:55:52 PM »
You know guys, i normally would not post negative comments about a  company that supplies products, but after dealing with this company that sells band saw mills, and products that support the mills. I just have to say, that after owning my Timberking 1220 mill for 13 months, other than the saw itself (that i really like). The service and support sucks!!! You know, you call this company up and the folks you speak with are not friendly and they allways seem to act as if they are doing you a favor talking to you. And when you do something, (like I have and send in 10 blades to be resharpened) and they say that the turn around time is minimal, and I call them today after not hearing a thing for 3 full weeks, and they say that they havent even done them yet and that it will probably be another week or more before they are done? I am just about ready to drive back out there to Kansas City and choke somebody!!! Since purchasing my mill back in sept. of last year, the few times I have called these guys has left me with a bad taste in my mouth and feeling ill!!  :twisted: You all tell me is this normal ? Since this is my first mill, and I love the saw dust in my blood now, I surely dont want to continue to have to pull teeth to get results when a problem arises? What do you think. Thanks for letting me vent.  Dan
" Live Life With an Attitude of Gratitude "

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Re: Trouble with band mill blades
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 05:11:49 PM »
I cant speak for Timberking but I suspect you just need to get in touch with the right person, like the owner! 

Customer service is #1 in my opinion when it comes to any product.  If the customer isnt happy, thats bad advertising. 

I have no complaints with the support I get from Wood Mizer.  Over the years I have gotten to know some of the tech guys and I know they are always there for the customer. 

Keep us posted on how it goes.  Normally contacting the right person and sharing your concerns gets things corrected pretty quick. 
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline mike p

• Senior Contributor
  • adicted to the aroma of oak
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 06:25:27 PM »
Good luck
when i purched my mill (Kasco saw 2 b) i lived 30 milkes from KC. i called Timberking to see if i needed an appointment they sayed no come on buy well i showed up in my old farm truck wearing bib overals & was limping due to recovering knee surgery i bearly got anyone to talk to me they did give me the mailout flyers.
i asked about a demostration he sayed no they only do that occasionly
so i went out of state & bought the kasco over 300 mile trip
got a hole day of on hand instruction, on the mill accully sawing several logs
Eagle's Nest Tree farm & Sawmill
BSA Scoutmaster Retired
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from
 too much government.
   Thomas Jefferson 1802
 No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline danweb

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 08:07:12 PM »
I agree with you Kirk, It may take exactly that. But I do feel like Mike said, they didnt have the time for him and since purchasing the saw, they seem to not have the time for me either. It's just an overall attitude. Cant say that I am happy with them right now. We will see how things go, "After" I have gotten my saw blades back!!!   

Offline Will Johnson

• New Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 12:44:40 PM »
Hi Dan:

I was very sorry to see this post and hear of your concerns.

I was glad to hear you like your 1220 mill, but I want to address your concerns with service. Please call me personally at 1-800-942-4406 at your convenience and we will get you fixed up.

Thanks to Kirk Allen for notifying us of this. We do look forward to getting you taken care of.

Best,

Will Johnson, President

Offline Will Johnson

• New Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 12:54:46 PM »
Also sorry I didn't really repond to Mike P.

Mike I would like to think this was an honest mis-understanding. We typically haven't had 1220 mills set up for operation (I'm assuming that's what you were looking at?)

I can't be sure but I imagine when you called to ask if you needed an appointment they just thought: no, we're open all day for five days a week. We do now have a 1220 set up for demos, BTW.

Again I'm just assuming here, but I know we work very hard to take good care of people and be polite and responsive. And I can assure you if we had anything against guys in overalls with a little rust on their pick ups we'd be really missing the boatin this business. In fact, many of us wouldn't be eligibile to be our own customers!

Offline danweb

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 03:27:28 PM »
Hey guys, I just wanted to post this message cause I believe in giving credit where credit is due. After the posting and comments  by Will Johnson, the president of TimberKing, I called the number that he provided and he was very curtious and concerened with my dissapointment with his company. He spent time going over the problems I had with the service and assured me that he would look into the situation. I appreciate the sincerity he has and I will wait to see what results before i post my opinions. Thanks to Kirk for forwarding my concers to Mr. johnson.

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 03:39:07 PM »
When I sell my Meadows, TK is my choice...the guys at Woodmaster have been great as well.
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

Offline mike p

• Senior Contributor
  • adicted to the aroma of oak
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2008, 05:35:56 PM »
Also sorry I didn't really repond to Mike P.

Mike I would like to think this was an honest mis-understanding. We typically haven't had 1220 mills set up for operation (I'm assuming that's what you were looking at?)

I can't be sure but I imagine when you called to ask if you needed an appointment they just thought: no, we're open all day for five days a week. We do now have a 1220 set up for demos, BTW.

Again I'm just assuming here, but I know we work very hard to take good care of people and be polite and responsive. And I can assure you if we had anything against guys in overalls with a little rust on their pick ups we'd be really missing the boatin this business. In fact, many of us wouldn't be eligibile to be our own customers!
I Wanting to see the b20 lowend hdy mill but no luck so i bought a KASCO SAW 2B  less than a month later
i like it & it was cheaper than the 20 alltho the kasco has no hyd , it is ele feed & ele head adjustment
fun thing you all still send me the sales info after 4 & 1/2 years
Eagle's Nest Tree farm & Sawmill
BSA Scoutmaster Retired
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from
 too much government.
   Thomas Jefferson 1802
 No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 09:16:24 PM »
Its nice to see Mr. Johnson address the post as I think it says a lot. 

I can say, running a company does have its pitfalls and no matter how hard I have tried to always do right by my customers, you can never control what an employee or rep says when he is haveing a bad day.  I have had to make several matters right after a rep put his foot in his mouth.  The key is to make it right and it sounds like Timber King is doing just that. 

Thanks Timberking! 

Offline danweb

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2008, 08:36:18 PM »
OK. Guys, last post on the saw mill blades saga. I ask you guys to forgive me personally. Cause I seem to have jumped the gun on this one. I was upset with TK for the long period in between my shipping my blades to them to be re-sharpened and still not getting them returned.  :-[ Come to find out that the post office must have re-directed my packages, because it took 8 days for my blades to reach TK. And in my disspointment, I blamed the ones I felt were responsible! I will be sending TK an apology as well. Looks like my foot is in my mouth on this one. And to anyone that may be connected in any way with the USPS, dont take this personally. One of these days I will learn to let God do the judgeing, cause I suck at it !!!!!! Hope you guys have a safe and enjoyable weekend.    Dan

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2008, 08:39:41 PM »
My hats off to you Dan!

Its these kinds of posts that make a forum so valuable in so many ways! 

Thanks!

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2008, 06:55:50 AM »
Well done, Dan.  I too sometimes jump the gun, and put a hole in a new pair of boots.  Just like Kirk, but he is younger than me by about 20 years and is a much faster learner. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline danweb

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2008, 06:36:46 PM »
Yeah! Kirk seems to have his stuff together. One of these days I'll learn.  But probably Not!!! :'(

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2008, 08:01:05 PM »
I only learn faster because the "old" teacher is better in his "old" age  :D ;D

Offline JP Sinclair

• Major Contributor
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2008, 10:16:13 AM »
Good job Will.  I was very impressed to see your post regarding the issues by Dan.  I have to admit, I was a bit biased on TK because of a former owner in my area who had the same feedback on the tech support.  Sounds like you are addressing it.  It doesn't take much to sway someone when they are thinking of investing several thousand hard earned dollars to get put off.  Although I went with WM, I'm impressed that you took the time as President to talk to these guys.  Your company will only go up if you can foster this type of attitude as the norm with all your people -

Offline danweb

• Contributor
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2008, 02:01:45 PM »
JP glad to see you are keeping an eye on things. The incedent with TK has been resolved and you are right, it showed a great deal of hands on abilty when Will came onto the web site and addressed my issue. I met the man and he is just as friendly in person as he was on line. I met Matt and Chris and the others and they were all very helpful and not too busy to answer a few questions for me. I beleive now I can honestly say that I would be proud to reccomend their product and company to anyone.  Merry Christmas