alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: For the Flying Enthusiasts  (Read 7290 times)

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
For the Flying Enthusiasts
« on: January 01, 2009, 10:28:04 PM »
I have a neighbor about 4 miles down the road who is a retired CIA pilot from the 60's.  If you have heard of Air America, well that is where he got his start.  This summer he contacted a bunch of his flying buddies for a cook out and they flew in from all over the country.  It was truly an awesom site to see these guys come in a couple hundred feet off the deck then taxi right up to us.  I meant to get this stuff posted last summer but forgot until I went through my cammera.

There was a total of 21 trainers that flew in formation and landed.  Several other types of aircraft as well.  Can you imagine having 21 of these planes parked in your back yard :o 
It was an awsome day and being able to speak with the pilots and hear such amazing history shared was truly inspirational. 

Don, the guy that invited all these guys has two hangers full of airplanes of his own. All vintage aircraft and some were either first or second production plane of their type.  All are still in flying condition. 

Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
Re: For the Flying Enthusiasts
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 06:28:43 AM »
And you forgot to tell me?  ???

Last time I was around that many warbirds was Oshkosh '99.....
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 10:53:17 AM »
It was a short notice deal.  Morning coffee is when we found out they were coming in.  There was suppose to be a sqaudron of P-51 Mustangs there that day but they turned out to be a no show becuase of some air show.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline mics_54

• General Contractor
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 11:09:36 AM »
I like planes but I don't have one. Lot's of my friends have them so I get to fly sometimes. Currently my shop is set up in a hangar I built for a guy that lives in florida. I met him once, three years ago. You can see photos of the airpark at
http://www.alaskaairpark.com/
"Fortune favors the Bold"