alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Davy Crockett- not yours  (Read 7774 times)

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
Davy Crockett- not yours
« on: January 29, 2009, 12:54:55 AM »
Interesting read.  But remember Crockett was a teller of tall tales.

http://www.pointsouth.com/csanet/greatmen/crockett/crocket2.htm
Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Re: Davy Crockett- not yours
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 04:34:07 PM »
If only our elected officials understood the power of those words, tall tale or not, the story has real meaning! 
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 06:41:43 PM »
Where is he now, that we need him. 

Offline Stephen Wiley

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 08:43:24 PM »
My wife currently has two rebate cards and one gift card.

The rebates are for monies required to pay over purchase price and than refunded in these cards with stipulations as to how they can be used.

The gift card she checked with a local gas station the other day to see if their computer would accept it.  The attendent entered it and immediately canceled it.  I called the gift card company today and heard about  how this card cannot be refunded for 8 days. And a bunch of other numbers about original purchase price being $75 for a $50 card and upon its first use regardless of amount a $35 hold fee is placed upon card value.   Have I lost you yet??

I informed the agent that it would be the last card any member of my family would purchase as a gift.  To which he responded, is there anything else I can help you with, Mr. Wiley

Hmmmmmmmmm..................how about you and a bunch of your hollywood and recently political co-horts get on a slow boat to ................... :-\

Offline Buzz Sawyer

• Global Moderator
  • Old Timers Club
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 09:00:38 AM »
Places like home depot now refuse to give refunds................. only gift cards for thier store.....this is an incredible racket.....

as are all these cards many have expirations, also if a smalish amount is on it many times it remains unredeeemed some times there are fees associated also so.....many billions of dollars are gained by the company
what do we gain?

Offline Stephen Wiley

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 10:01:28 AM »
We gain..............a new way of deflation for our spending value.

What possible 'customer good relations' do they think they are creating?

Think 'twice' before giving your money to corporate america-------as they think they own it. And with the other hand they are grabbing billions from government bailouts. >:(