alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Now this is a skidder!  (Read 8757 times)

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Now this is a skidder!
« on: March 15, 2009, 09:19:00 AM »
This is the email I got this morning. Snopes claims its false but they have been known to be wrong a time or two.
http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/workmoose.asp

Only in Alaska ... This guy raised an abandoned moose calf with his horses, and believe it or not, he has trained it for lumber removal and other hauling tasks. Given the 2,000 pounds of robust muscle, and the splayed, gripping hooves, he claims it is the best work animal he has. He says the secret to keeping the moose around is a sweet salt lick, although, during the rut he disappears for a couple of weeks, but always comes home.... Impressive !!

ALASKAN CLYDESDALE

Bound to be someone out there that will raise some issues with this treatment of a wild animal.
To them I say. "If the Moose keeps coming back, what's the problem?"

Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline mics_54

• General Contractor
  • Contributor
Re: Now this is a skidder!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 11:20:01 AM »
its a fake.  photoshopped. look at the log piles. they are mirror images and the edges of the moose indicate it was cropped. and also the ground is covered with tire marks from heavy equipment
"Fortune favors the Bold"

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 02:10:19 PM »
This one may be but the pic on Snopes looks pretty real!
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline jsewell0203

• New Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 08:15:17 AM »
I prefer this.....,

http://www.ironmart.com/equipment_photo.php?equipPhoto=52500397.jpg

That picture looks real to me though.  It is either real or somebody waisted about 8 hrs on photoshop making it look real.

Jesse