alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Everything else! > Trips and Travels!

Going to Sawlex ?

(1/9) > >>

Kirk Allen:
If you have never been to the Sawlex show I would suggest going.  Its a great show and the sawmill shoot out is a great time to see numerous mills in action. 

http://www.huggercom.com/sawlex/index.html

I am working on my schedule so that I can go.

Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner":
Man, that is 4,000 miles from the Left Coast.   It would be nice the attend such an event, but time and dollars.  Besides, "they" might not let me get on a plane.

Stevem:
Reading the web page what strikes me as different (for me) is the slant toward small business and small equipment at Sawlex compared to the Oregon Logging Show which want to sell you the fastest, biggest and best. 
Many of the same exhibitors attend both. 

I'd almost guess looking at geography and population density of the areas covered it would be just the opposit.  Strange world.  I wonder if the western wood product domination by "big timber" is a factor?

Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner":
I do think that the big timber is the major factor for the differing sizes of equipment at these kinds of shows. 

Carl Middleton:
I'm going to try and make it only about 2 1/2 hours away

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version