alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Guests  (Read 50630 times)

Offline mike p

• Senior Contributor
  • adicted to the aroma of oak
Re: Guests
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2012, 01:25:23 PM »
wow sounds painfull for shure
how you do that
Eagle's Nest Tree farm & Sawmill
BSA Scoutmaster Retired
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from
 too much government.
   Thomas Jefferson 1802
 No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2012, 08:38:39 PM »
It appears I was putting so much torque on my chest muscles while tightening some bolts it tore the cartlidge right away from my sternum.  Cussing is not a hobby of mine but when this happen lets just say Im glad I was not back in catholic school! 
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline Carl Middleton

• Senior Contributor
    • www.bktimbermill.com
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2012, 05:32:08 AM »
Seems it doesn't take much at our age to do damage to ourselves. In the last three years I've riped one bicep, and both rotater cuffs. I couldn't lift my right arm for three weeks when I riped the bicep. That required a little cussing too. On the third heating pad now. Used one so much it cult on fire.

Offline HaroldCR - AKA Fla.-Deadheader

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2012, 07:29:38 AM »

I'm having problems pulling Ligaments. My hand swells and my arm aches. My Nurse wife will put my arm on a chair arm and start sliding her thumbs up and down my arm. Slowly I hear unhuh, unhuh. Then, out comes the rubbing cream, and the torture begins. She works the arm with those steel grip thumbs until tears appear. Yep, them are real waterbearing tears.  ::) ::) :'( :'( :'( :'(

After about 10-15 minutes, she quits. MAN does THAT feel good.

In the morning, all is like new, and I go out and do it all over again.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ;D It's hell getting old.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :D :D :D :D

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2012, 03:05:06 PM »
Age pretty much somes it up.  It sucks getting old in this business as I dont feel old and THINK I can do do the same labor intensive stuff I did 20 years ago.

I get told that is not the case everytime I burp, cough, sneeze and laugh.  Damn that hurts!

Offline Carl Middleton

• Senior Contributor
    • www.bktimbermill.com
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2012, 08:36:08 PM »
Yep, I went and got a physical this year. Doc said I was in good health but Need to slow down the old body just can't take what it use to.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2012, 09:31:03 PM »
Same here.  Heart and lungs of a 25 year old (competitive swimming until 30) but the rest is getting whipped!  :D