alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Log Score!!!  (Read 9087 times)

Offline kobraken

• New Contributor
  • so much wood, so little time
Log Score!!!
« on: May 31, 2009, 09:49:05 PM »
Was ask the other day to go down the road a piece to a Loggers yard and pick up some black walnut.  Said they were nice logs, just there was no demand at the mill for them and they were too nice to sell for pulp wood. when i got there ,there were 4 black walnut ranging from 16-22 inches on the butt and very straight all 22-25' long. As we got ready to load them he asked me if i wanted a SYP log that the veneer mill had rejected due to a blue stripe from a suspected lightning strike.  I measured it at 26" at the butt  almost no taper 20'6" long no visible defects.  Was well worth going to get. He said now that he knows i want logs he will hold everything that the mills reject for me.  woohoo!!! a steady source of logs!!   he said if i want, he will stack them off to the side and when he gets a load, if i will pay the driver who lives near me to deliver them he will bring me a truck load at a time.   couldn't ask for better than that!!!     Ken

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Re: Log Score!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 10:00:18 PM »
Now that is a sweet find!  Congradulations! 

Make sure you get some pics when you cut it! 
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 12:54:20 AM »
Horse shoes! 
got to get me a horse shoe.

Nice "find"  Be sure you find out what that yard boss drinks.
Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!

Offline Buzz Sawyer

• Global Moderator
  • Old Timers Club
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 04:20:40 PM »
SWEEEEET DEAL!!!

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 05:58:45 PM »
Keeping my fingers crossed!  Got a call today to come look at another tree line thats filled with Oaks and maples and they are free for the taking!  The guy taking out the tree line is a local and said he would load what ever I want.  Looks like that trailer is going to get a work out again.  Pics to follow!

Steve, yes, get a horshoe!   ;D
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 10:43:51 PM »
Ken, you are doing great.  That is much of my same style.