alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: 3,000 miles  (Read 9554 times)

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
3,000 miles
« on: June 02, 2009, 09:03:32 AM »
I got to wrack up some air miles over the last four or five days.  What a trip.

Thank you, Kirk and Buzz for the fun time.  I am not really into flying around the country with my "tin bucket".  I guess I am just a stay at home tree farm boy. 

Kirk sure knows how to get around in those "hollers", that is for sure.  It only took us about an hour to drive through the same three interchanges to get to a Wall Mart, so I cold purchase some rubber boot, with steel toes, in order to take part in the sawing competition.  ;D

We should be seeing some new folks on the forum in the near future, from all indications of those who made a visit to our booth.  We should also be seeing some new banners appear on our fourm front page.

Offline Buzz Sawyer

• Global Moderator
  • Old Timers Club
Re: 3,000 miles
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 02:34:40 PM »
Hey Frank ....WHAT  a good trip this was , and the response at the forum booth was pretty awsome, met some GREAT folks and they were really interested in the forum!!!!

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 11:34:05 PM »
You got that right, Buzz. ;D

Offline Buzz Sawyer

• Global Moderator
  • Old Timers Club
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 10:51:29 AM »
NOw we gotta hit em hard on the left coast ??? :D

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 08:16:12 PM »
Buzz, I am putting some good effort into the idea of having such an event, here on the Left Coast, the next time around.  LIke I said some other place on the Forum, I am shooting for the Eugene Fair Grounds (site o the Oregon Logging Conference,held in Feb. each year) and the Salem, (at the state fairgrounds).  Both sites would be ideal for the event and allow an additional day for selected tours of folks operations and tree farms.

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 01:48:28 PM »
I'd vote for Salem and veto Eugene,  The political climate is a little more even in Salem and has fewer tree hugger per capita.

I didn't ask, do I have a vote?
Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!

Offline Stephen Wiley

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 08:47:08 PM »
For the California folks.........Eugene would make sense for distance.

Problem may arise in "exclusive attitudes" from board members (I have run into that before).

Might even consider Brooks at the the 'Steam Up Grounds'.  If an option: I actually like it better than the fairgrounds.

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 09:05:28 PM »
That is a very good idea, Steve.  I know some folks on the board.