alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Be safe in the heat!  (Read 8147 times)

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
Be safe in the heat!
« on: July 11, 2009, 08:12:32 PM »
Heat exhaustion and related problems increase in this area in summer, and we are getting a dose right now.....113 degrees today, and 112 yesterday.  >:D Talk about hot!

Anyway, remember guys to keep hydrated. You can work in the heat fine if you keep the fluids coming in.
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
Re: Be safe in the heat!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 01:52:50 PM »
Trouble is, Jay, it wants to leave as we take it into the system.  Some of older guys have to take in a lot more, for that reason. ::)

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 06:31:03 PM »
Once your dehydrated you will not catch up by drinking more water unless you get out of the heat! 

Folks are dropping like flies in some parts of the country.  Fortunatly, the weather has been pretty mild here, considering what a normal July is like.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline SDB777

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 06:24:13 PM »
Although this is an old post....well the heat just sort of comes back every year!

It was 107*F in the shade of my garage today at 1230...no telling what kind of crazy heat index was being told to folks on the radio and such?!?!?  And for those that were going in the sun....well, crazy is the word that comes to mind.

Was turning a few cartridge pens and noticed that I had stopped sweating, and actually felt somewhat cool.....good thing I know the signs of heat stress!  Turned off everything and closed up the shop/garage!!!  Got my butt inside the house and started drinking a lot of water!

Just want everyone that is outside to take the step necessary to stay cool and hydrated!!!!!!!

Scott (don't want to hear about you on the news) B
Just got my website up/running:    www.slabsblanksandboards.com
Where I get 95% of my chainsaw needs:    www.pinnaclearboristsupplies.com/