alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Chainsaws and light support equipment > Chain Saws

Bar oil alt

(1/3) > >>

mics_54:
Is there any decent bar oil alternatives to the expensive bar oils sold at the saw stores?

Kirk Allen:
I know several loggers that use old motor oil.  They do have to fill it more often but they sware by it and I know the times I used it in a pinch it worked fine. 

Carl Middleton:
I mix it half and half old motor oil and bar oil

mike p:
might want to filter it first , or be pickey about where you get the used oil
i used double filtered used oil for fuel in my diesel pu mixed 1/2 with new fuel in summer , in winter it gets to thick for a fuel additive

Stevem:
Grandpa use to use 30w bulk oil but from the bulk oil dealer and what he slavaged draining the last few drops out of a quart cans used for oil changes. I don't even know if bulk oil is still available.  Used to run it in my first car.   
Have heard of adding STP to get the "sticky" effect but how you'd mix it with cold oil I haven't a clue unless u added it to a motor just before you changed it and then drained it out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version