alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

General Category > General Discussion

Women

(1/2) > >>

Kirk Allen:
This is one of the threads that Frank started and didnt make it in the back up during our server swap.

Frank Pender
"I was quietly enjoying jonting through the forum and suddenly the wife decides to come and visit.  She then invited our St. Bernard, weighing in at 200 lbs., to come and visit as well.  He had just come into the kitchen with about an inch of show on his back.  Suddenly he decides to remove it all over me, the puter and screne as well as the floor.  Then he stands at the sliding glass door, wanting back out into the dark and more snow coming down.  We have about 8 inches at this time."

Kirk Allen:
Frank Pender
"Just got a call about a semi in the ditch above my place about a 1/4 mile.  The wife, again, wants to take the St Bernard and her sisters poodle mix and go see what is happening.  Now, remember, it is dark here, snow is blowing sideways and she wants to take the Gator up a slipery icy road in the dark to see the truck.  Guess who is going with her, besides the two four legged dogs?"

Kirk Allen:
Frank Pender
"Well, here is an update.  It turned out that the unit was a lowboy that had just dropped off a road grader for a nearby logging job.  Wouldn't you know, all four of the guys on the site were past students.  I was having a ball.  We got the trailer unhooked from the truck and ran him up the road to get him turned around, heading down hill.  He had, had the trailer sideways across the road and jackniefied.   We had him run into the ditch with his right tires and put his left up about 3' onto the bank.  He about dumped the dang thing over, into the front of the trailer.  He then took a good run back to the hitch pin and luckely hit it within an inch, but we were able to manuver him to the pin and got it locked into place.

We hooked the hoses  and the brakes and he began trying to pull the backend of the trailer out of the ditch.  He couldn't do it   The pulling just kept pulling him to the same side as the tailend of the trailer.  I yelled at him to release the trailer brakes.  He had forgotten to do so on the first pull. That is all it took for him to pull the trailer out of the ditch.

I just called the drivers father, who is a good friend of mine, and the boy is about 10 miles closer to home and should be there in a few minutes.

In the time we were working on getting him out we had 3"  of snow fall. It was about like a whiteout at the site."

Kirk Allen:
Frank, I know you had a couple pictures but the old server has dumped them for some strange reason.  Sorry I couldnt capture those.

andybuildz:

--- Quote from: KEA on February 03, 2008, 09:14:46 AM ---Frank, I know you had a couple pictures but the old server has dumped them for some strange reason.  Sorry I couldnt capture those.

--- End quote ---
K-For you and everyone else here in case younever heard of this site. It's very cool. It willtake you back to sites that no longer exist. I've retrieved some photos off past websites of mine that I thought were lost forever http://www.archive.org/index.php

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version