alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: i made it home  (Read 13046 times)

Offline leastofthese

• New Contributor
i made it home
« on: January 15, 2010, 07:51:27 AM »
well i finally made it home yesterday evening with my mill. you know a lot can happen in a 12 hour drive. i appreciate all the help J. probaly the most important thing i learned about mill transport is, if someone used nuts as a spacer between the rim and the hub it takes about 4 hours driving to shear 2 studs and wallowed the other 4 out big enough for the lug nuts to pass through, and  the wheel flies off. then your driving around dallas trying to find tire shop and lug studs for a hub. but all is well that ends well.

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
Re: i made it home
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 09:40:44 AM »
I was wondering, and I am certainly glad you are there in one piece. Look forward to hearing how the set up goes, call if you need any input.

By the way guys, I am down to 1 mill now, at least for right now. Maybe a larger bandmill in the future.
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 03:14:28 PM »
So is it safe to say Jay that you are no longer a "REAL" sawyer?  ;D
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 04:53:35 PM »
Yeah...I will have to quit saying the only real mills have big circle blades. At least for now.
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 06:07:59 PM »
Hey Jay, dont forget the forums fee on that sale :D :D :D :D

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 07:38:21 PM »
You bet! I nearly forgot...the 10% for the forum......might need a new hard drive or something... ;D
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 07:49:28 AM »
5% is plenty!  ;D :D

Offline leastofthese

• New Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 08:28:59 PM »
well i sawed my first log today,finally. it seemed like everything was against me but it finally happened. much has happened since last we spoke. the fuel pump on the engine went out, but i guess its not needed because i removed it and have been running it without it. installed alternator. drove carriage off end of tracks and had to replace the tensioner rod that u replaced.  in the same incident the rear pulley housing for the feed cable broke( it had been welded before,cast iron). fabricated a whole new pulley housing and installed new 1/2" cable while i was at it. praise God it seems i'm on the right track now. i got to  saw a log up today, trying to get the hang of things. everything seems to be working fine. i also built some heavy duty stops for the end of the tracks to help me keep the carriage on. i appreciate your help j and look forward to the help i'll receive from you and this forum in the future. thanks. now i gotta saw out and build a shed.

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 08:34:39 PM »
You will get used to the carriage return...it is fast! The rest of it will come to you quickly. So how did the first log go?
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

Offline leastofthese

• New Contributor
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 08:57:47 PM »
first log? went fine it was short, knotty and crooked. good for practice. just a shame i got to go do a job tomorrow and the rest of the week. so no sawing for a while.