alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Walnut, cherry, and maple changing table/dresser for my son  (Read 9626 times)

Offline julian the woodnut

• Contributor
Walnut, cherry, and maple changing table/dresser for my son
« on: January 22, 2010, 03:13:30 PM »
This is the first piece of furniture I have built for my soon to be born son. I decided to try a bit different style for his bedroom set than I did for my daughters set. I borrowed from the look of some of Sam Maloof’s furniture in his house. I used all locally harvested air dried walnut, cherry, and maple for the dresser. The drawer fronts are cherry and the rest of the drawers are pine, and the majority of the carcass is black walnut. The dovetails are all hand cut. All the sides, top, and dust panels are joined with sliding dovetails that should ensure that this piece will outlast whoever uses it. For the finish I chose my favorite, BLO with a few coats of amber shellac then waxed with my own beeswax finish. I really had fun designing this and can’t wait to get started on the next project for my son(Julian the fifth!).

Offline HaroldCR - AKA Fla.-Deadheader

• Old Timers Club
Re: Walnut, cherry, and maple changing table/dresser for my son
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 04:54:26 PM »

I LIKE it.  8) 8) 8)

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 06:07:17 PM »
Beautiful work!
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

Offline mike p

• Senior Contributor
  • adicted to the aroma of oak
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 11:03:49 PM »
THATS NICE
Eagle's Nest Tree farm & Sawmill
BSA Scoutmaster Retired
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from
 too much government.
   Thomas Jefferson 1802
 No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.

Thomas Jefferson