alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: So what are we up to?  (Read 12204 times)

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
So what are we up to?
« on: February 04, 2008, 08:15:41 PM »
Well...this is a post to answer a few questions some of our guests might wish to know. After a disagreement with the owner of our former forum, now resolved, by the way, Kirk, Frank, and I embarked on a course to build a new forum where we can have the freedom to express thoughts and ideas, as well as the all important subject of sawdust...and here we are.

The three of us are sharing the expenses of building this new forum, and can make this promise, there will never be a solicitation for funds from anyone, for anything. No solicitations for funding hunting trips, or home improvements, unemployment, whatever.  No pity parties, no donations, no PayPal link to send money.....no eBay auctions to support the server costs ($5 a month)...or the gallery. This is all free to the members, including the use of the classified section....and we will not promise free hats to our members, either... :P after all...we aren't rich!

We are not going to encourage or discourage opinions on the wide variety of equipment or tools of our hobbies or work...just good, old fashioned discussions....and if your opinion doesn't agree with the owners/admins, you will not be banished.....you are free to post links of interest to all members, just as you are free to join and participate in any other forums you choose to....we are not interested in dictating what else our members do. We are only interested in building a community...and if we stay small, fine, and if we grow to become a large forum, or community, fine...we will carry the expenses.

We (Kirk, Frank, and I) will probably also post the actual costs of our little community for all to see...no secret boardrooms or woodsheds to discriminate our members....we hope you enjoy, and who knows...the only thing that may change is the number of owners....we may have to share the expenses if it gets over $5 a month! :laugh:

One last thought.....this is where we disagreed with Nathan, who owned the old forum, and is a good friend of mine.......he wanted to take only the highest of roads....and never respond to the bullies, or their tactics. Well guys (and ladies, if any are reading this), we aren't on that path....bullies don't impress us, whether it be a beggar in Michigan or a red shirted scold in Florida....if you don't like intimidation, then you are in good company. I personally won't stand for it, and I speak for the admins as well.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 08:09:20 PM by joasis »
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Re: So what are we up to?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 10:25:04 PM »
Well put Jay. I look forward to exposing the server costs as that one area alone is becoming quite interesting.  Lots of forum owners out their being less than honest about what it cost to keep a forum up and running. 

I have been told server costs exceed $700 a month from another forum owner and after discussing this with one of the largest server companies in the US, they said even their largest clients dont spend more than $200 a month and thats for a fully loaded dedicated server. 

Right now we are not using much space but even when things get bigger the monthly costs are minium.  If I recall we can upgrade to a dedicated server that can comfortably handle 8000 members but more importantly, 2000 members on line at a time and still only spend $69 a month, or a whopping $23 a month for the three of us  :o

It was sad to see that Nathen felt shutting down the old forum was the best path instead of truth exposure but its pretty clear, all the truth that was exposed was making some folks from other places a little unsettled in their britches, and rightfully so because that exposure will directly effect their pocket book.  What was so funny over that deal was they actually spoke with a law firm to see what legal action they could take to shut us up.   ::) :D :D :D

We hope that everyone who visits and/or participates feels welcome and knows that their words will not be silenced becuase we dont agree.  Provided things stay honest and civil, this place will thrive!  Honesty always trumps deception!    :)   
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 09:56:58 AM by KEA »
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 08:11:56 PM »
Additionally, we haven't decided what to do about advertising...I doubt we will look for advertisers, or solicit money for adds.....we may let the Google adds in, since they ultimately would pay the costs of our forum. We will post links with companies that serve our interests, just as a benefit to our members.
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 05:28:35 PM »
In regards to links to companies that serve our interest, rest assured, if or when we do have any sponsors, we will NEVER silence someones posted link because its a competitor to an advertiser.  Hitler died years ago and there will not be any Gestapo tactics here. 

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 06:10:56 AM »
Of interest to some! An unnamed person joined a few days ago, and either due to oversight, failing to read, or whatever, he registered to be a member, and then within a day, asked to have his account removed. Since there are a number of "watchers" (yes people, IP's can be tracked), from another forum, we would bet the pressure was applied, and we complied by removing this individuals account. Fair enough. I don't want anyone to join here that is troubled by either what we do, or lets internet bullying rule their thoughts. It is a shame anyone would be conned by those who claim to be friends, but feel they have to actively "watch" another small forum for defectors.

A few quick truths: We do not care what takes place elsewhere on the internet, in other forums, or as a matter of fact, what our friends or members choose to do. There is no requirement to take any vows to destroy others or ideas...we have enough trouble minding our own business then to worry about snakebiting and anti-venom cures. We are perceived as "negative", since we say it in black and white. It isn't negative when it is just a simple truth. Maybe we should not be as blunt about what we post, but oh well....I'm a pretty blunt individual. I don't stand for bullying, and I have said this before, there isn't a mortal man walking that will dictate to me who I can be friends with, what forums I can join, what information I can view, or basically try to shame me into some misguided loyalty or manipulate my thinking. Just won't happen. I would bet that not one of the "clan" would dare call me on the phone, or care to see me face to face, or actually engage in a discussion with me....the reason? Simple cowardice, lack of integrity, absolutely no personal morals...and no ground to stand on. After a recent call by a "bullied and harassed" individual, who has been very ill, I lost all respect for the garbage that would call someone and flat out lie....and then when exposed, lie again. I hope those guys sleep well at night...bullying a sick man would be an act to take pride in....the God I worship will not see it that way.

If any of the "watchers" actually finds they have a set and wish to discuss or debate this with me, I am easy to find. As an old time brawler that stands up for the principal of right over wrong, I will gladly visit with anyone that takes exception to my activities.

Let's be clear: My name is Jay, I am a general contractor, I live in Hennessey, Oklahoma, and my phone number is 405 853 1563...pretty simple. My direct e-mail is joasis@pldi.net so unlike some, I don't hide.

As I type this, I know none of the cowards will respond, so lets make this simple....do you wonder why they feel the need to "check" on what some of us do on our little forum? I can't imagine why, except exposing what a thief is up to must hurt them. I have said this before, and will say it again, I don't care if this forum grows, or shrinks.....Kirk, Frank, Buzz, and I are paying for this adventure, to have a community, and because it is the right thing to do. It is so cheap, We don't have to have donated items to auction to pay for anything, or have a "pity party" fund drive....no matter what some are told, these forums operate for pennies a day, and we can afford it. And since we don't care about costs, we are not about kissing the backsides of some, and stealing from others. That is it...all there is to it.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 08:41:42 AM by joasis »
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 08:40:36 AM »
Men of integrity will always seek the truth before taking a position.  If they are not willing to at least do that then I know for me there is no reason to associate with them on any level. I am just not wired that way.  Right is right and wrong is wrong. 

The hard part of seeking that truth is the pain it brings.  You see, once the truth is known, you have to be willing to "accept" the truth even when that truth proves your friend is in fact in the wrong.

What I do know, facts don't lie only people do and I challenge anyone to disprove a single thing I have written.  You see for me, I was taught real well that if your going to put it in writting you better be prepared to defend it in court ten years down the road.  I can defend and prove my position and again, I challenge anyone to disprove it.  Do so and I will make a formal public apology for what ever is disproven.   

« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 08:50:50 AM by KEA »

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 08:56:32 AM »
Now, back to sawdust...rant over. :o

These posts are not intended to be an attack, or cheap shot....they are a statement of purpose, period. I think I wasted more time writing this then it deserves, and my time is worth more to me.

Now, back again to sawdust!
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

Offline mike p

• Senior Contributor
  • adicted to the aroma of oak
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 07:31:30 PM »
WELL you guys been busy . keep up the good work
i just trying to get over theis phneona flu
Eagle's Nest Tree farm & Sawmill
BSA Scoutmaster Retired
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from
 too much government.
   Thomas Jefferson 1802
 No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 08:18:06 PM »
The current flu is a killer...so take care Mike. It is nearly epidemic in Oklahoma, and a 3 year old died a few days ago in OKC from complications of the flu....pretty serious.
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 10:05:22 PM »
Our hospitals are slam full from it.   :(