alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Timber Tuff TMB-45 Steel Handled Timberjack  (Read 8634 times)

Offline SDB777

• Senior Contributor
Timber Tuff TMB-45 Steel Handled Timberjack
« on: June 17, 2010, 06:40:54 AM »
Actually had this tool for a little while, but decided to use it the other day.

The product has the following features advertised:
*Lifts logs 11-inch off the ground so chain does not dig into ground
*2 part steel handle for small storage spaces
*Handles logs up to 12-inch in diameter
*Overall Length is 48-inch
*Powder coat finish resist rust

Make sure, if you ever decide to get a tool like this, you read the third feature.  Grabbed onto a log, on flat ground, with nothing in the way to roll it about 90*(it just looked better for slabbing in that position).  Well the log happened to be 29" in diameter, and the tool was rated for 12"....yup, you guessed it, she's bent.  But since I wasn't going to lift the log, just roll it....nope.
It 'felt' like it might be able to handle some semi-tough work conditions...but that 'feeling' was a little off.  Now, before everyone says something along the lines of, "Use the right tool for the right job." or "You abused the tool of course it was going to fail."  I could have bent over and pushed the log, but the back isn't as young as it was.  Ended up bending over anyway, and the roll was pretty easy.

I can't recommend this tool for anyone other then a hobby cutting, weekend warrior, or what have you.
I will be going to Maine this coming July, and will be sure to run by Eddington and get one of the original peavey and their timberjack also.

Scott (the stress was more then it could bare) B
Just got my website up/running:    www.slabsblanksandboards.com
Where I get 95% of my chainsaw needs:    www.pinnaclearboristsupplies.com/

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
Re: Timber Tuff TMB-45 Steel Handled Timberjack
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 08:14:20 PM »
I can sell you a Peavy that is guaranteed not to break or bend.  Logrite has a Mega canthook that is marvelous. 

Offline Carl Middleton

• Senior Contributor
    • www.bktimbermill.com
Re: Timber Tuff TMB-45 Steel Handled Timberjack
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 06:04:11 AM »
Yep Its a bear  ;D