alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: new mill  (Read 20379 times)

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
new mill
« on: October 22, 2010, 09:57:42 PM »
Well, I spent some time on the land line with the owner of Mobile Manufacturing,today.  He is putting the final touches on the jigs for the new full time 17 1/2" edger blades, mill.  I just have to sell four pieces of equipment, and I am ready to go.  My Logosol 260 with blower, the cabinet making package, the big head rig and my MD mill. 

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
Re: new mill
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 11:47:32 PM »
GEEEEEEEEEEEE , 18 views in three days and no comments? :'(

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 09:27:24 AM »
Still trying to play catch up here after getting back from my SUCCESSFUL Elk Hunt!
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 09:07:05 PM »
Good job on the hunt.

Offline sawmill_john

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 08:01:50 PM »
 >:D
So they are finally going to finish that mill, I thought they were going to have those ready for production a year ago?  I spoke with one of the machinists, a while ago, and they were still putting the carriage together, I had a hand in laying out the carriage, and I haven't been there for five years now.  I know they'll treat you well Frank, over the years you've always been there when they needed some thing.

john

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 10:33:00 PM »
Wwell, John, I finally have a line on two generators.  One is a 60 kw military that am ex student has rebuilt for me.  He is asking $4,100.  The other just came to me a few days ago for perhaps as little as $500.  The second may take some dollars go get going.  The second is also military and on a trailer.  I am headed there tomorrow to take a looksee.  The generator needs to be at least 60kw to get the two 25 horse motors going; one at a time..

Offline sawmill_john

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 05:56:49 PM »
So when are you planning on picking up the new "baby" or is that still to be determined? 
I have had my hands full this summer, the company I work for now bought a new CNC router, used for making architectural wall panels, and because of my back ground I got to learn how to program it.  All though I still have to keep up with my other jobs, makes for some stressful days.  We just finished up the new civic center in Independence OR, that's not too far from you Frank, let me know what you think of it.
The guy in the "Alaska Gold Rush" show is still interested in sawmills, I guess they have a hill side to mine in the summer that is wooded and they want lumber, again if any one has a used mill let me know.

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 07:55:28 AM »
Man, you were only 20 miles away, if that.  To be determined on the pickup.  Still working on the generator issue and selling the Logosol planer.

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 02:20:05 PM »
The "new baby" went to Alaska as I had asked Ron to do.  He needed it worse than me, at this time.  I am still trying to dispose of my Logosol and the big head rig.  As soon as those are gone I will be selling my MD mill for the new one.

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 10:33:45 PM »
Talked with Ron, last week and he said all of the jigs are in place and the new mill is ready for production.  I just have not be able to sell all of the things I need to sell, to purchase the new mill.  I do not want to over extend myself right now with a new purchase without paying for the whole of the toy.  I just need to sell my Logosol, Chipper, Cabinet shop package, and the big head rig, as well as my Mobile Dimension mill.

Offline Carl Middleton

• Senior Contributor
    • www.bktimbermill.com
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 04:41:32 AM »
Sounds like you might be better off staying with what you got. Thats a lot of equipment to lose jst to get a new mill.

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 08:41:47 AM »
Carl, the only one I really use is the Mobile mill. 

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2011, 09:35:38 AM »
If I had my shop built I would snatch up the cabinet making system you have in a heart beat!
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2011, 08:29:27 AM »
Come on out and get it, Kirk.   ;D  Go West young man.  Go West.  I really need to part with that thing. 

I am also looking for a 50 horsepower phase converter, for the new mill as well as a soft start system for starting. 

Addition:  The converter is out.  Power company refuses to allow installation.   So, the 60 plus generator is back on the scene.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 09:12:23 AM by Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner" »

Offline sawmill_john

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2011, 01:38:36 AM »
Frank how's business?  a guy I work with is building a house in Goldendale WA and wants some 8" dia. logs for his rafters, do you have any contacts up that way?

john

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 09:08:46 AM »
Yes, on the logs.  How many and what are the specs on diameter and lengths.  In fact, on a job right now with about three loads of such logs.  Need to hurry, we will be hauling them in a very short while.  They would have to be peeled as well, I am sure.

Offline sawmill_john

• Contributor
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2011, 09:43:58 AM »
I'll get a count Monday, and let you know.

john

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2011, 11:48:37 PM »
Let me know as soon as possible.  How you coming with shroud for my mill?   hee hee hee

Offline sawmill_john

• Contributor
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2011, 09:37:46 AM »
Frank,
here's what the guy needs;

8" -10" dia. peeled logs

10 - 24'
10 - 18'
2 - 42'

the place he's building is in Goldendale WA, so he would need them to be transported there.
He did speak to a sawmill in White Salmon, but didn't get pricing.  They didn't have what he wanted
at that time.

Shroud? some where I have my notes on that, I'll see what I can do, I think I know where to get the sheet metal!

john

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2011, 11:05:31 PM »
Those diams. are the small end, correct?  Also need a time line.  The 42' pieces might be a challenge to haul. 

Offline sawmill_john

• Contributor
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2011, 03:03:15 PM »
Yes small ends 8"-10"