alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

The wood shop > Projects and Plans

Adirondak Chairs

(1/2) > >>

Kirk Allen:
My wife got a set of plans to make some outdoor furniture.  We cut out the basic templets from MDF a couple of weeks ago so we can use them over and over. 

We are going to make them out of white oak on the first go round.  Might make some out of Osage and sell them for a premium since they would last three generations.  :D

Buzz Sawyer:
Trouble is , you would need stainless fasteners to last near as long as the chairs ;)

Kirk Allen:
Good point  ;)

Kirk Allen:
Buzz I guess that will mean we can charge more for them. ;D

Mark:
Kirk,I sure would like to see those plans if by chance thats possible...I have 300bft of Kd'ed red & white Hickory that I thought would be great for AdIron Chairs.This stuff is brutal on the machinery though, but my take was if I could pattern out the pieces than plane to thickness it might be alittle easier on the equipment since I'm not shovin' 8-10"wide x 12' long Hickry' boards through the Planer.Suggestions other than get a better planer would be appreciated :) / Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version