alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: David Brown tractor  (Read 11310 times)

Offline sawmill squaw

• Major Contributor
David Brown tractor
« on: June 07, 2011, 08:11:49 AM »
Willie was recently given a David Brown tractor.  Friend said, "If you can get it running, you can have it."  Willie got it running.  If I remember correctly, it was a clogged line between primary and secondary filters.  (again...here I am talking 'bout stuff I don't really understand)

Anyhow...we're trying to ascertain year and model of tractor.  I've found plate on "lifter arms" with Type and Serial numbers.  Went to "official" David Brown Tractor club site (based in UK).  Found serial number...but it's for a 900 tractor.  Found pic of 900...that's not our tractor.  Ours is bigger.  Friend finally brought hood for tractor and Willie can make out 990 on it. 

Willie is also needing to find shift pattern for this model.  I will post a pic shortly.  Any help y'all might give would be greatly appreciated!  This is a 'wicked' tractor!!! 
All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men (and women) do nothing. Edmund Burke

Offline sawmill squaw

• Major Contributor
Re: David Brown tractor
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 08:39:57 AM »
Here's a picture for anyone who might be able to help with above questions:

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men (and women) do nothing. Edmund Burke

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 05:21:51 AM »
The price was right....so what do you plan on doing with it?
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

Offline SDB777

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 07:36:29 AM »
http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/000/4/1/412-david-brown-990-transmission.html

And you could always call this guy(has his for sale), and see if he'd get a photo of the shift pattern?
http://cleveland.craigslist.org/grd/2414764681.html

Scott (all I gots) B
Just got my website up/running:    www.slabsblanksandboards.com
Where I get 95% of my chainsaw needs:    www.pinnaclearboristsupplies.com/

Offline sawmill squaw

• Major Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 08:24:18 AM »
Joasis...already using it to move logs, pull slab wagon, etc.  Hydraulics need a wee bit more tinkering but Willie has lifted some large logs with it.  Hydraulics are still a bit slow.  I told Willie that I was confiscating this piece of equipment and calling it 'MINE'.  It sounds 'wicked'!  lol  He can use it...but it's mine.

Scott...thanks for the links!  Going there....now.

;D 8) ;D

Offline SDB777

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 07:22:01 AM »
Make sure he paints it the color of your choice!!

Scott (wild colors with character) B
Just got my website up/running:    www.slabsblanksandboards.com
Where I get 95% of my chainsaw needs:    www.pinnaclearboristsupplies.com/

Offline sawmill squaw

• Major Contributor
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 07:49:01 AM »
LOL Scott.  I think we're wanting to paint it the original color.  Which, I've been told is either "Hunter Pink" (looks red to me) or white (or actually some sort of 'almost white').  We were looking around on it for the serial number (locations told to me on another forum) and I'm thinking it might have actually been white.  The inside of fenders are white and if ya look reeeaaaallll hard, you can almost tell it was white in other places on the body.  If it was up to me...I might go for black with flames! 

My 14 yr old daughter has a '71 Mach 1 Mustang.  We've gone through a jillion paint schemes for that!  One was to paint it black with a hot pink butterfly in flame-type outlining...and call the car "The Screaming Butterfly".  tee hee  Looked pretty cool when I drew it out!